• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Noise from the rear?

ok i heard what i'm going to describe as a creaking noise from the back. when i stopped and lifted the car up with a jack nothing was loose. but the noise still there when i was driving about.

i rocked the car side to side and it does make make a creaky kinda noise.

is there anything i should be looking out for or maybe just put a few sprays of oil on places to try fix it?

cheers.

ok i heard what i'm going to describe as a creaking noise from the back. when i stopped and lifted the car up with a jack nothing was loose. but the noise still there when i was driving about.

i rocked the car side to side and it does make make a creaky kinda noise.

is there anything i should be looking out for or maybe just put a few sprays of oil on places to try fix it?

cheers.

I have the same sort of noise honda said that it is a plasticy noise so not to worry about it. They said they could take the shocks and springs apart to have a proper look but i should try and spray some wd40 on it instead. Not worked but i am not going to let them take off the shock etc if it is nothing to worry about as they will screw my fast rd set up and charge me loads at the same time. Are you lowered? as i am! they said that most probably the plastic wrapped around the spring is rubbing on something.
let me know if you do dig any deeper and find out anymore on this as the noise annoys the hell out of me!!!!! :evil:

na my car totally standard apart from the camber arms i got.

i try the wd40 if it not work might take to local garage and try get to bottom of it

i let you know if i do

Spray all your bushes and shocks with WD40 see if it goes away. I had a creaky noise on the front of mine. After a good spray with WD40 it was gone.

i try the wd40 if it not work might take to local garage and try get to bottom of it

i let you know if i do

Thanks it would be much obliged :D

Spray all your bushes and shocks with WD40 see if it goes away. I had a creaky noise on the front of mine. After a good spray with WD40 it was gone.

what is the best way to get to the bushes? i have sprayed the shocks from round the back underneath, do you think it would be best to take the wheel off???????

I have the same sort of noise honda said that it is a plasticy noise so not to worry about it. They said they could take the shocks and springs apart to have a proper look but i should try and spray some wd40 on it instead. Not worked but i am not going to let them take off the shock etc if it is nothing to worry about as they will screw my fast rd set up and charge me loads at the same time. Are you lowered? as i am! they said that most probably the plastic wrapped around the spring is rubbing on something.
let me know if you do dig any deeper and find out anymore on this as the noise annoys the hell out of me!!!!! :evil:
How much did your fast rd set up cost and where?

How much did your fast rd set up cost and where?

£150 on its own from pro-tyre. Camber arms and bolts £140ish from camskill. :D

You still in for a shout in the playoffs? were all done now...:(

Last edited by a moderator:
Camber arms and bolts £140ish from camskill. ...

I just checked you will not need the rear camber arms if you are not lowered just camber adjusting bolts. :D

Abp charge £155 for fast road set up with adjusters and its an extra £120 for the rear arms if you are lowered so the adjusters on thier own can't be that expensive.

ok tried 3 in 1 oil and the noise still there, is it possible the noise coming from the new pads/discs on the rear? as if i gently apply the handbrake while going over a bump the noise goes away.

cheers.

think i got the camber arms from apb was like £135 front and back, they were fitted along with wheel alignment for £60. back tyres look like there wearing down good n square.

ok tried 3 in 1 oil and the noise still there, is it possible the noise coming from the new pads/discs on the rear? as if i gently apply the handbrake while going over a bump the noise goes away.

I just took the wheel off and tried some wd40 (oh the joy of lighter evenings :)) i drove it round the block and over a few speed bumps for good measure then reversed up on to my drive (where i hear it most) and its still there :mad:.

As for being new brakes mine are over a year old now !

I think i am going to just accept the squeak is here to stay i am not going to waste my money on something that can be cured by turning the volume up on the stereo :)

Any more idea's are very welcome though :D

Would'nt have thought so as the suspension wasn't long fitted when i first had the squeak plus i can see under the car when i am rocking it and can hear the area in which it is coming from right by the base of the shock area its so annoying!!!!!!!!!

How do you access the top mounts is it through the boot????????

I just checked you will not need the rear camber arms if you are not lowered just camber adjusting bolts. :D

Abp charge £155 for fast road set up with adjusters and its an extra £120 for the rear arms if you are lowered so the adjusters on thier own can't be that expensive.
That is a good price for what you had done,hopefully we get in to the play off's but we still got hard games ahead of us,are you down the weekend?

hopefully we get in to the play off's but we still got hard games ahead of us,are you down the weekend?

Im not as its my birthday on saturday so don't fancy going all that way for basically a game that doesn't matter anymore. Will also probably be plenty of trouble like last week at forest :evil: :evil:. Your lot should turn us over as we now have nothing to play for, although no pressure on us so could work the other way...good luck for the rest of the season :)

Yeah through the boot, you will see the covers behind the seats just pull them off. It may just be a worn bush mate if you can hear it at the base. Is there much movement in it?

Yeah through the boot, you will see the covers behind the seats just pull them off. It may just be a worn bush mate if you can hear it at the base. Is there much movement in it?

Just checked top mounts they are tight as you can get. I think it must be a worn bush as everything has been sprayed in wd40!

How can i go about sorting out a worn bush?
Does it need doing?
Will this mess up my alignment(fast road set up)?

Thanks for all the help :D

if you take it back to place you had the fast road set up done supose it wont, but then can they fix the bush if it indeed that?

am just going to live with it stereo up another 5 :D its fine.

if it gets really bad i take it to get looked at.

Back