• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Noise from the rear?

if you take it back to place you had the fast road set up done supose it wont, but then can they fix the bush if it indeed that?

am just going to live with it stereo up another 5 :D its fine.

if it gets really bad i take it to get looked at.

So if it is a worn bush the only problem will be the squeak??

well found out what was making the noise, my bloody rear brake pad rattles about!!!!

if i leave handbrake off and put car in gear i can pivot the pad up n down so going to get it checked asap as there just new pads n discs :mad:

well found out what was making the noise, my bloody rear brake pad rattles about!!!!

if i leave handbrake off and put car in gear i can pivot the pad up n down so going to get it checked asap as there just new pads n discs :mad:

Mmm intersting i will check this out mine are alot older though!!

yep could just be same thing :D.

just try pull it out a little bit and see if any of your pads wobble might even be inside pad if they can move too so take wheel off and try it hope it solves your problem

damm am missing hlaf of my pad retaing gear on rear left brake!!

missing the spring plate at the back of the pad and then the clip at the bottom, parts ordered from stealer as none of my local parts shops list the items, should be here by thursday and get them fixed on friday :D

hope that fixes it i be quite anoyed if its something else :DD

damm am missing hlaf of my pad retaing gear on rear left brake!!

missing the spring plate at the back of the pad and then the clip at the bottom, parts ordered from stealer as none of my local parts shops list the items, should be here by thursday and get them fixed on friday :D

hope that fixes it i be quite anoyed if its something else :DD

Whats that??? sorry im still learning my way round cars....i hope it fixes the problem :), let me know cheers

if you look at you rear calipers, where the pads are there should be a clip at top clip at bottom and then like a bigger one at the back of the pads that goes nearly the whole distance of the caliper.

i try take pictures to show you but mine missing on the bottom of the pad and my bigger clip is missing too. you can see the bigger clip at rear of the calipers it pokes through at back of caliper.

if you can take some pics of your read brakes with the wheel spokes out of the way and put them on here i can tell you if your missing them too.

cheers

if you look at you rear calipers, where the pads are there should be a clip at top clip at bottom and then like a bigger one at the back of the pads that goes nearly the whole distance of the caliper.

i try take pictures to show you but mine missing on the bottom of the pad and my bigger clip is missing too. you can see the bigger clip at rear of the calipers it pokes through at back of caliper.

if you can take some pics of your read brakes with the wheel spokes out of the way and put them on here i can tell you if your missing them too.

cheers

Good man will try to take a few this week sometime.

Cheers Chris ;)

Just found this one i took the other day spokes a bit in the way though! any good??

101_1738-1.jpg

right that top box is 1 of the clips there should be another at bottom its that little thin bit of metal

in the bigger box if you look at your caliper from the back there should be a shaped bit of metal in it, if it is just a hole you got same prob i do

as i say i get pics of mine tomorrow if i can and put them up to show you what i mean

Attachments

• brake.jpg
    brake.jpg
    6.9 KB · Views: 6
just to add are your brake lines all secured in place? there like a clip that holds the lines in behind the disc's maybe they snapped?

just a total random stab in the dark.

Back