• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

noise when pulling away

I have the 2008 type r GT model,just recently i noticed a whining noise when pulling away and reversing. I thought at first it was maybe the power steering as was turning at the same time but now no so sure. It happens when i am at the biting point maybe something to do with the clutch ??
The car is cold when this happens and i think it stops when it heats up.

anyone else experienced this issue?

i got the same problem, if i reverse and then put the car into first it makes a noise to, i am not sure what it is, i have a new gearbox fitted into my car and i have not ripped the dodo out of my car.

i had a nasty noise when turning at low speed i had the wheel off and had a play and it turned out that there was a stone stuck inside the rubber gaiter at the top of the coil spring which was rubbing against the top mount. the noise was huge, popped out the stone noise gone.

hmmm, sounds like an idea, but i had this noise last year too before southall messed my car up. its more of a squeek/ on drive off. but i will jack the car up this weekend have a check.

I got that from Neily; good description - I have this too LOL.. gives the car character - sorta like it's saying hello first thing in the morning LOL. :freak:

My FN2 started doing it about two months ago. The wife mentioned it when she took it for its first service at Perth Honda the other day. She said they are replacing something and the pedals need to come out!!! A bit vague to say the least! I will post what they did when it has been done at the beginning of November. Tried to live with it but I can't. Only did it when it was cold though.

My FN2 started doing it about two months ago. The wife mentioned it when she took it for its first service at Perth Honda the other day. She said they are replacing something and the pedals need to come out!!! A bit vague to say the least! I will post what they did when it has been done at the beginning of November. Tried to live with it but I can't. Only did it when it was cold though.

clutchHonda.jpg

Now it's gone colder mines doing it again. Doesn't bother me at all, my ep3 did the same, just a characteristic.

Now it's gone colder mines doing it again. Doesn't bother me at all, my ep3 did the same, just a characteristic.

Aye mine's doing it too!

Worth getting a new clutch though if it's still in warranty.

I'm taking Jayne's FK2 in for the clicky/squeaking clutch pedal.

Aye mine's doing it too!

Worth getting a new clutch though if it's still in warranty.

I'm taking Jayne's FK2 in for the clicky/squeaking clutch pedal.

Phoned Honda yesterday. I asked them what they found when it went in for service. They said it was a clicky clutch pedal - never heard it myself!! Pedal is now making new noise because they have tried to grease it apparently - idiots. They are replacing the pedal box. I have to bring it in again when it is cold so they can hear the real fault. Bloody fuming.

Back