• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

noise when pulling away

Mine also does this, did it ever since I bought the car... only does it when it's cold and goes when the car is warm.... think someone said it's something to do with the clutch bearings?

Mine also does this, did it ever since I bought the car... only does it when it's cold and goes when the car is warm.... think someone said it's something to do with the clutch bearings?

There is no known cause.

Mine has been doing this over the last few months, exactly the same scenario. It's the thrust release bearing. Honda do not yet have a cure/fix for it.

I've also been made aware by my dealership, that it isn't a matter of if the noise returns, but when. It won't get any worse or affect the car in anyway, just need to try and live with it until a fix is found. :( Common issue too.

they change the CRB on my car had no effect, the actual problem is from the Flywheel, i have a letter documented from Honda dealers, i have legally been introduced to the Motoring authority who are now dealing with my case.

dont back down its an actual problem and remember how will you sell the car ifi t making a nosie????

they change the CRB on my car had no effect, the actual problem is from the Flywheel, i have a letter documented from Honda dealers, i have legally been introduced to the Motoring authority who are now dealing with my case.

dont back down its an actual problem and remember how will you sell the car ifi t making a nosie????

:lol: It's just a noise that's all. It doesn't mean anything and there is no fix for it. You're wasting your time.

clutchHonda.jpg

I've just taken my car in (As its still under extended Warrenty from the dealership). My problems were as follow's (The Car is still at the Garage);

Suspension / nearside dash / near side front wing

Clicking noise, seems to be coming from the nearside suspension, although I can’t pin point where the noise is coming from, I’ve done some research, with a mixed response. Some say that this could be a bush? CV joint needs lubricating, or also, and the more likely is the Body Seem needs separating? This could also be a Build up of dirt between the two sections of the vehicle sub frame. This causes the two sections to ‘stick-slip’ under the application of braking or acceleration forces / bumps in the road.

Honda Response:

Can't recreate the noise... No problem / no cure. So I have to actually go back, and take a technician out for a spin to hear the noise..PAIN!

High pitch, vibration when hitting the end of the V tec (7,000 RPM) / Passenger window

Owning many Type R’s, I am aware of the noise that they produce while hitting the VTEC. The noise in my car has altered over the past month or 2, and now makes a louder vibrating noise in 3rd when hitting the vtec at around 7,000 RPM (just before you change gear). It sounds like something is vibrating near the passengers window.

Honda Response:

Can't recreate the noise... No problem / no cure. So I have to actually go back, and take a technician out for a spin to hear the noise..PAIN!

Clutch Noise

There is a noise coming from the clutch, only when at biting point in 1st gear (2-3mph). This can really be heard best going at very low speeds, with the clutch held at a biting point. Defo a Chewbacca type Noise, maybe slightly worse when cold, but I am positive it happens even when warm.

Honda Response:

Honda UK are aware of the problem, but no Fix available? My question is: How long does it take to create a fix? If a fix becomes available, after my Warrenty has expried, then what rights have I got to get my Clutch sorted with the Fix? I've sent them the above doc, so hoping they will replace the clutch and Flywheel, and I'll try and bed the clutch in...?

Locating 3rd Gear from Cold / Gear Pop’s out.

Quite often, the gear will pop out of gear, just as I have changed into 3rd, occasionally grinds.

Honda Response:

Can't recreate the problem... No problem / no cure. (Although I am fairly certain this is a common fault, The transmission has a faulty 3rd gear synchronizer or 3-4 shift sleeve. CORRECTIVE ACTION Replace the 3rd gear set. Failed Part: P/N 23444-PNS-306 H/C 7407042 Defect Code: 03214 Symptom Code: 04101

Warrenty.... Dealers... MASSIVE Head ache, i know the majority of my problems are noise related, but its getting to a point where I may sell the car. I had problems with my old EP3, and now (And didnt expect) problems from my FN2....!

Just received from Dealer:
The Hints And Tips you have sent me has been updated on 09/12/2010
In which it states we are not to strip or attempt to repair a vehicle with this
Issue until further notice.

this is the letter i got from Crown Honda

23rd September 2010

Dear Mr Shah

Honda Civic Type-R – Registration Number KF

Further to your email dated 22nd September 2010 I write to confirm the details of the work we have carried out and the results of our investigations.

The release bearing was noisy and this is why it was replaced which cured the noise. I can confirm that there is a slight noise on over run from the gearbox. In our opinion we feel that it does not need any attention at this time.

I can also confirm that we can hear on occasions a noise from the clutch centre plate (clutch squalk). This I have known on other vehicles but once again we feel there is no action required at this present time.

Should you wish us to investigate either of these matters further, as there is no warranty on these parts the cost for the work carried would be your responsibility.

However, in our professional opinion neither of these items warrants any further investigation at this time.

I hope this clarifies the position on the vehicle, but should you wish to discuss this matter further please call me on 020 8200 4040.

Yours sincerely

Keith Neville
Service Advisor

Back