• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK8 Noisy stones stuck behind the discs

Has anyone been tempted to remove the guards behind the front discs?

I’ve pulled 3 stones from behind there recently and there’s another stuck now. I never hear it moving forwards it reversing where it sounds like someone opening a big rusty gate. I have people say “mate that doesn’t sound right!” - it’s SO annoying!
I’m sure those guards serve an important purpose but removing a wheel every few days to pluck stones isn’t much fun!

Are you running the factory conti’s. I switched to Goodyear tyres last year and I haven’t had the problem since. I think its caused by the amount of stones the sticky conti’s pick up.

Me and my son had that issue the other week, picked him up from school and sounded like the exhaust was dragging on the floor. Had to pull over and figured it must have been something rubbing on the discs. Had stopped by the time I got home.

Has happened several times with my FK8 but never happened once in 3 years of driving the FK2 :p

Hopefully,now you've got the smaller diameter FK2 rims & Michelins on there, it'll never happen again ;)

I’ll have to get this one out then just maybe you’ll be right and there will be no more issues!
Never hear it moving forwards. Only ever when reversing.

Back