• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Non-air-con crew, hands up!?...Help a fellow EP3 owner out!?

Hey guys, whats goin on!?

Just wonderd if anyone one here had removed the aircon before from a uk spec EP3?

Im planning to do it as mine is shagged and its just extra weight i dont need as im realy not that botherd about it.
Sorry if this is the wrong section by the way, wasn't realy sure where to put it and as its attatched to an electrical source, i figured this would do!

Basicly, how hard is it? How long will it take me? I've been told that all the aircon stuff is actualy 20kg off the weight of the vehicle once removed, is this true?

Any info/handy hints etc.. would be much appriciated before i attempt to remove it saturday lol

Cheers guys :)

I think it's just a belt and possibly a pulley required to remove it. It does weigh quite a bit, doubt it's quite 20kg though. I thought it felt more like 10 or 12 kg.

Have you tried re-gassing your A/C? I couldn't live without, 99% of the time I use it just to de-mist the windscreen in seconds.

Its the pump which is shagged on mine and my air-con rad is falling apart, literaly lol and tbh im not to botherd about air con, the majority of the time the car is used at night or evening, its not very often i need it.

** give it a go but im was literaly planning ion takin anything air-con related out, from behind the dash and everything.

am i to assume you have done it then?? How long did it take you to do? iv had people telling me it will take upto a day? but i dont believe it lol

Gumbar,

Im an air con engineer and live in Norwich so quite close to you. Never removed an a/c system from a car but it shouldn't be too difficult. If you want me to have a look into repairing it for you to see if its an easy fix prior to removing it i will do :) The Condenser (the air con rad) is fairly easy to remove as is the Compressor (the pump) the pipes etc should also be fairly easy depending on where they are situated in the engine bay.

Kel :)

awsome! thats pretty much what i wanted to hear lol cheers for the offer but ** rip it out i think, it dosnt get used much if im honest, iv got all the old parts i need to do it proply on my old smashed up ep3 so shouldnt be to much of an issue. CHeers :)

Back