• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

NOS on a Supercharger Anyone ?

Peter Pan

I aint posting no more!
Right I know that when Guy and Herts62 had there chargers on they were running a bit of Gas for cooling etc etc :)

Looking at the USA most of the Drag racers seem to be spraying :twisted:

Question is and im sure some of the technical gurus will fill me in, but when my chargers fitted how would I go about running NOS.

How much would be safe, and what gains would I get, and how hard would it be to fit and what kit would I need.

I understand the wet and dry bit :) and would imagine I would need a dry kit and control this from K-Pro :)

Ill speak to Guy when I get the charger fitted as im sure, he will have the info for me, but just wondered what others ideas were.

Im aware that the the Charger creates heat and obviously heat is bad, so question is obviously the NOS will cool it down.

As a secondary question can you actually spary cooled C02 or cooled Oxygen into you air intake and then into the charger, obviously I understand that the screw type charger compresses the air and so this then makes the heat (and the air will heat up) but surley if the air is failry cold when entering the charger this effect will be reduced, or am I talking out my ass.

I know that Oxygen and C02 is very very cold and is available failry redily, any advice would be helpfull :)

I been drinking a bit tonight so if the above is total and utter crap then please let me know, as its just a brainwave I have had after about 8 cans of stella

Well just looking at the science of it, CO2 would be a bad idea as its basically a pointless gas in terms of combustion so would inhibit combustion i would have thought?

NO2 is so usefull as in its normal form its non flammable, but when it reaches a high enough temp ie when its in the cylinder of the engine and is compressed it splits into Oxygen and Nitrogen causing an O2 rich einvironment and this in turn causes a bigger bang therefore more power. This extra Oxygen is why more fuel is needed during NO2 use.
NO2 also has a cooling effect when it splits from what i remember which is another good reason to use over O2

I think by using pure oxygen you probaby won't get a 02 rich mixture into the cylinder to make much of a difference although i don't know all the properties of using O2 under high compression although it generates alot of heat when compressed.

I hope thats all just about right, its late and i'm tired :lol:

Have you tried NASA do they use liquid oxygen in their engines. Laughing

Told you it was an idea, and liquid oxygen has got to be good :)

And I can get it :)

Tarticus said:
Have you tried NASA do they use liquid oxygen in their engines. Laughing

Told you it was an idea, and liquid oxygen has got to be good :)

And I can get it :)

They use it in their rockets :lol:

They haven't got a 2ltr engine powering the shuttle into space have they :lol: :lol:

Back