• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

NOS! What to upgrade internally?

Hi guys

Looking at the addition of nitrous oxide to my car. Don't know if many of you know much about it but I'm sure there are a few.
I'm wanting to put as much through as possible, so the internals will need strengthening. But to what extent?
I can put a 50shot through relatively safely but if it's not too much cost wise to do the internals then I would love to put the 100shot or more through!
I drag race just incase you are wondering.:)
Thanks

Jrsc 11psi
Merc racing charge cooler
Clutch stage4
Flywheel
Aem cai 2.5"
Quaiffe lsd
MH Racemasters
Coilovers
Full piper manifold, de-cat, cat back 2.5"
650 injectors
Engine mounts
K100

No internals have been touched.
probably listed stuff you don't need to know but thought you may want to know just incase it makes a difference.

Cheers Chris

I wouldn't want to put more torque through the engine if it were mine. Why not talk to your tuner (CPL) about it?

I have via email, but they only recommend running 350bhp on stock engine. Yet when I spoke with tdi they said it can take a 100shot. So its like who do you believe!
I'm in the middle of possibly switching to Tdi as I feel that cpl are in it for themselves. Okay running your own business you expect that, but I feel they try to push their own products too much and get you to bring the car to them! I just never feel comfortable with them for some reason, it's hard to explain bud.
Asking for info in here as I know there are a lot of clued up people when it comes to these cars:)

I would choose TDI over CPL. DO your research on here and you'll find the consensus is the same.

Yeah I sussed that out more or less straight away lol. Wasn't sure if it was closer to most of you which is why you all use them! Guess not.
so any thoughts as to what I may need, or do you reckon I should ask tdi what I need?

Just found another thread with some info regarding k20 stock internals limit.
Thanks Chris

Its not bhp that kills engines, its Torque. The general limits as far as I know are 500bhp and 300ftlb. even then you need to look at a valvespring upgrade.

Talk to Tdi North, after seeing what they have been doing recently, I would go with them.

Cheers Tom.

Spoke with tdi. Going with a 100bhp shot! Paul reckons it's all good with a progressive controller. So that should see me at 430-440bhp:D:D:D:D
Feel like a big kid ha ha.
Thanks for all the help lads.

Basically a 100bhp increase. Only using it for the 1/4 mile though, illegal on the road. I'll have around 330bhp with my charge cooler installed for the road which I'm fairly happy with, then when I'm on the strip ill hit the button! Using a progressive controller builds up the boost by gear, so it's not just 100bhp increase straight away as it would be to stressful on the engine. Hope that's clear enough can't quite remember all Paul said.
I wonder if tdi sell the same gearboxes they use in fast and the furious, they have about 15 gears lol.

Yeah I've been using the m&h racemasters for a while now, great grip. Was talking to you about the MeisterR while back, hope they make a difference. Would love to go turbo but it's expensive lol. May as well try this and see it goes:D

Im enjoying reading what your doing with your motor. If your pushing 400bhp on low pressure slicks, your going to start snapping OEM Driveshafts. This is the reason I never ran the slicks I had.

Curious to see if you can beat my 12.6s @ 119.8mph on streets.

12.6 on streets is good. I managed a 13.1 up at Crail with slicks on. Only had 294bhp at the time so I hope I get mid 12's with the new additions. The traction at Crail is terrible so I wouldn't even bother embarrassing myself using streets lol. I so wish I was closer to the pod.
A friend of mine had mentioned the driveshafts before actually, got me panicking now!
Cheers i spent a good day or two reading through your build lol. Was very interesting, the wife didn't think the same right enough!!

Cheers i spent a good day or two reading through your build lol. Was very interesting, the wife didn't think the same right enough!!

Me spending all my days on this forum that is, not your build lol.

Yeah Ive seen a lot of EP3's and Kswapped EG's snapping OEM shafts on slicks, running around 350bhp at Pod.

The problem is uprated shafts can only be got from the US, and they cost a fortune to get them over here, unless you can find a used set, but they are like rocking horse **** in the UK, Ive been looking for about 18 months now.

My missus hates my car, and the time and money Ive spent on it. Its cost me a fortune in dresses.

Back