• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Not quite sure what's wrong!

Basically my engine seems to sound louder recently as if the exhaust is blowing but I don't think it's the exhaust plus the vtec doesn't seem to have as strong a kick iv checked the oil levels and that's not it any ideas?

So I didn't have time to video the car this morning but it seemed ok ....untill! I park in a mult story car park so i had to put the window to get entry ticket and never put it up but when I turn right I hear a kind of grinding noise but it sounds like it's from the back!!!? Don't no if it's a joint problem but it's booked in at garage on Monday for piece of mind but has anyone else had this problem

Been Reading other posts and I think the creaking is the steering rack though sods law it grinds all the way home but then soon as the old man gets in to listen not a single noise!!!! I'm worried the garage won't hear it and tell me there's nothing wrong! Will they be able to identify the problem anyway?

Hi

Not sure about the Vtec bit but my girlfriend's clio was making strange noises. At first it also sounded like the exhaust was blowing at the back of the car but when I drove it i noticed that the noise got slightly worse when I turned left and got better when I turned right. That turned out to be a wheel bearing. Could be worth checking that.

Cheers

Back