• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Noticed small spots of tar on the car, how to get rid?

SpaceMonkey

Midget Wannabe
Noticed this morning once I parked her up.

There seems to be real small black dots, like someone has flicked a wet paint brush @ the bottom of the doors.

Most of em came off with a sponge & use of one of my nails, but would Autoglym Super Resin Polish remove these completely or am I gonna be off to Halfords to purchase someone else?

And if so what?

Cheers Peeps.

Easiest way to remove these is either a lambswool wash mitt, apply quite alot of pressure. If you don't already use one then you should. :wink:

If that doesn't work you should use the Megs clay bar. I have some of these for sale as of tomorrow. Or the bug and tar remover is quite impressive :)

Deintely recommend Meguires Clay Bar and Quik Detailer which even got some spray paint off my car.

Alanok said:
Deintely recommend Meguires Clay Bar and Quik Detailer which even got some spray paint off my car.

Would say the same

My brother picked up his Leon Cupra TDI last week and has two rubber marks on the wheel arch where the previous owner has rubbed up against a bollard or somthing.

Within 5 minutes and a lot of effort they has cleared completely! The clay bar is pure magic 8)

Smeg, how much are you selling that stuff for as I've noticed some tar at the bottom of my motor :x :cry:

Rcb said:
Smeg, how much are you selling that stuff for as I've noticed some tar at the bottom of my motor :x :cry:

http://www.applied-styling.co.uk/products.php?cat=362

Here's the link mate, Just ordered a load of stuff from him myself.

Should anyone have small scratches too....the meguiars Scratch X is just awesome...removed some scratches from my brothers car completely. There is just no sign of them at all....really brilliant 8)

Welsh-Rich said:
Rcb said:

http://www.applied-styling.co.uk/products.php?cat=362

Here's the link mate, Just ordered a load of stuff from him myself.

Should anyone have small scratches too....the meguiars Scratch X is just awesome...removed some scratches from my brothers car completely. There is just no sign of them at all....really brilliant 8)

Cheers 8)

Cheers lads,

Smeggy, I might be ordering this evening, but have no idea what or how this clay bar business works?? :oops:

SpaceMonkey said:
Cheers lads,

Smeggy, I might be ordering this evening, but have no idea what or how this clay bar business works?? :oops:

Hi,

Not all the Meguiars products are displying on my site just yet. I wanted to have them delivered before I offered them for sale. I will set it up tonight ready for tomorrow.

I will be able to offer a 15% discount to members of this forum aswell.

The claybar treatment system is easy to use. Just clean the car as normal and allow it to dry naturally. Get the clay bar, tear it in half and nead it into an easy to hold shape. Then with the bottle of Quik Detailer just sptay onto the paint surface and then rub the clay bar onto the wet surface. After a short time you will notice the paint surface becomes smoother and the clay bar slides accross the surface easier, this is when you know its working. You should notice some browny green coloured fluid coming away from the surface and you'll see the claybar is turning a manky colour. Once the claybar has gone a horrible colour, just nead it into another shape, pulling the fresh un-used areas into use. then repeat the process until you have covered the entire car. Once you have done the treatment just gie the car a waxing to protect the finish. Looks awesome when you have finished and the paint is soooo smooth 8)

Gunn79 said:
Autoglym Intensive Tar remover - works a treat on tar spots.

Yep I agree with that one on the stubborn ones.

Megs own bug/tar remover I am not all that impressed with but the NXT car wash stuff has got most of them off with a bit of pressure then any that was left must of come off when I clay barred it as its been clear for a while :D

Carl

Back