• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

S2000 & NSX NSX auto to manual questions...

startrack

Formerly type_r_lover
Hi,
I registered on nsxcb.co.uk (where simonprelude is very active btw) but they still havent activated my account.

Anyway got few questions for people out there:

1. Are all the NSX auto 3.0L ??
2. How hard/how much would it cost to convert an auto to manual?
From what I read it's only a matter of getting a new 6speed gearbox, get some kind of aftermarket (comptech makes one) converter, and here you go...

3. How does the NSX-T chassis compares to the normal NSX? I read the suspension of the T is completely different in smoothness factor. Although I can't imagine it being too smooth, I'd want the real deal if I was gonna get a NSX, not some kind of lexus-type sofa on wheels...

Thanks for your answers!

He is quite active over here also ;)

The NA1 (1992-1997) were all 3.0's, manuals and Auto's.
From 1997 onwards the manuals became 3.2 and 6 speed, Auto's stay 3.0.
From 2002 the pop up headlights went and no engine changes were made.

There have been a few conversions done, however I am not sure if you are restricted to a 5 speed box if you try or not.

There are a few manual NSX's out there that can be picked up cheapish but may need work on them, IMHO a better option than trying to convert an Auto to a Manual.

For more information try www.nsxprime.com although it's a US site there are quite a few of us GB people on there. But as the majority of the NSX's were branded Acura and sold in the states then the majority of the information is available over there.

As for the NSX-T I have not driven one properly so can't really comment, however I would not buy one. The car was designed as a Coupe so any change is going to be a compromise, I have heard quite a few people complain of noisy T tops, the only way they will be noisy is if you are getting some form of twisting (well barring the clips are not fitted properly) of the chassis. Enough said.

Thanks mate.

Yeah I've been looking at nsxprime too.

Basically I'm after a manual 3.2L 6speed for like £20K.

I've been looking around and they either are very old and would need a lot of work, or a bit more.

I guess I wouldnt mind having to get a cheap one and do some work on it, but I have to redo tranny+engine+brakes, with the price of parts, there might be a problem...

What do you think I should look at? there is the 99/T reg 3.2 NSX for £26K. I think that would be alright.

Or there is the import market. I called SVA import about their NSX, it looks great but it's a 1991, 3L. £20K is a bit steep for that!
I can see cars going on the japanese auction websites.. I might look at this more in details.

I'll have 3 at that price :)
I can't see a straight 3.2 going for less than £20k for a good few years.

type_r_lover said:
Basically I'm after a manual 3.2L 6speed for like £20K

Is that the Silver one, if so it has sold twice in the last 4 months. (Pande and andyds2k I think ??)
type_r_lover said:
there is the 99/T reg 3.2 NSX for £26K. I think that would be alright.

There is always the 'race prepared' car :) :lol:
Who needs an interior on a stolen recovered car ??

I hope it looks better in the flesh than in the pictures.
I wouldn't.

The prices that cars go for in Japan is still pretty high as the NSX is classed as a piece of history out there.

Look here for prices

http://english.auto.vl.ru/auctions/honda/nsx/

type_r_lover said:
Or there is the import market. I called SVA import about their NSX, it looks great but it's a 1991, 3L. £20K is a bit steep for that!
I can see cars going on the japanese auction websites.. I might look at this more in details.

Thanks for all that mate!

I spent quite some time on NSX prime last night and basically it seems that a 92 5spd isnt actually bad at all.

Dunno about the 5spd gearbox though... I'm gonna check the auction websites, and keep an eye for anything that could up on the UK market...

I've got wild plans in my mind for that dream car, so I guess I could just get an older one and building it up, or maybe getting something like that race car (hehe) and make it more "normal". Dunno about the legality of taking a race car back on the road ; I remember speaking to that cool dude a spoon sport and he was saying that the car has to be registered as a road car first, otherwise it's just too much headache.

thx

As far as we know the 'race car' is nothing more than a standard 3.2 that was stolen and had the unusual paint job applied and interior ripped out.

It is probably 100% road legal, still has a registration and V5 but is registered as stolen recovered.

type_r_lover said:
I've got wild plans in my mind for that dream car, so I guess I could just get an older one and building it up, or maybe getting something like that race car (hehe) and make it more "normal". Dunno about the legality of taking a race car back on the road ; I remember speaking to that cool dude a spoon sport and he was saying that the car has to be registered as a road car first, otherwise it's just too much headache.

Back