• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

NSX Replacement - HVS-010 GT

wont some have to be produced as road cars to allow it to be raced?

There is specifically no requirement for 'homologation' in the JGTC GT500 Class mate. The thought process behind it is that it saves manufacturers spending a heap of money producing road-going counter-parts, more often than not just to field eligible race-cars for the JGTC. That said, some companies have produced road-going versions; as Honda did with the NSX, and Nissan have done with the Skylines/350's and the GTR, respectively.

Edit: I have just read that Honda may have written to the Super GT, to obtain permission to field this car, despite the fact that there will be no road-going version. Whilst what I orginally posted, is thought to be true - I'm not sure how this impacts that.

On the car - It looks awesome - would love to see a side-profile shot of the car..

Found this snooping around.

3564__587x263_587_super_gt_nsx_2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
There is specifically no requirement for 'homologation' in the JGTC GT500 Class mate. The thought process behind it is that it saves manufacturers spending a heap of money producing road-going counter-parts, more often than not just to field eligible race-cars for the JGTC. That said, some companies have produced road-going versions; as Honda did with the NSX, and Nissan have done with the Skylines/350's and the GTR, respectively.

Edit: I have just read that Honda may have written to the Super GT, to obtain permission to field this car, despite the fact that there will be no road-going version. Whilst what I orginally posted, is thought to be true - I'm not sure how this impacts that.

On the car - It looks awesome - would love to see a side-profile shot of the car..

Found this snooping around.

3564__587x263_587_super_gt_nsx_2.jpg

They might be wanting to use it for GT300 as well then or whatever the current subclass is.

They might be wanting to use it for GT300 as well then or whatever the current subclass is.

Yeah good point man.. That could be possible. I'll have a look into it - I don't think the NSX was ever used in the Super GT sub-class, so the thought didn't occur to me :)

Back