• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

O/S rear screeching

Hello all new to this forum.
Searched all the online forums and seem to be more interested in this site.

Basically on my way back from Center Parcs which is a 3 and half hour drive. Random man at the services on the M25 told me about the noise. The car was parked up for 3/4 days with no movement drove to Bath fine no noise etc... Was only when we left to go home it began. In daylight the next day I noticed that disc rusty compared to the other thinking that the caliper must of got stuck or pads needed changing etc... Bought both new disc's and pads, replaced the N/S which was all done fine, piston all the way back wheel back on and the wheel spins freely. The O/S which caused me an issue once all put back together there was no movement in wheel. Really stiff...

Is this normal? I ended up keeping 1 part of the old pad and part of the new. It's as if the pads where to thick? Or do they bed in? MOT due in March..

Piston was set right back exactly as the other.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Was the piston in the correct position meaning the slot?

Yeah a 90º angle. I wound it all the way back exactly as the other one. Only thing I can see it down to possibly is that the new pads are slightly thicker? It's not a massive problem as sort of sorted but annoying.

Thanks for your reply :)

Sent From My Samsung Galaxy S3

was it sat in properly? theres a liitle 'pip' on the back of pad which goes into the slot, might be worth just double checking. Could measure thickness too and try it without shims if all seems in order

was it sat in properly? theres a liitle 'pip' on the back of pad which goes into the slot, might be worth just double checking. Could measure thickness too and try it without shims if all seems in order

Yeah bud the little pip was within the cross of the piston. Makes no sense eh?

Cheers for your input. :thumbup:

strange one yeah, if like you say its fully wound back and sat in place then??? Take it round the block a few times maybe then see how free it is. Or try them on opposite side will confirm whether its pad or not. Check sliders they maybe stuck too

Last edited by a moderator:
strange one yeah, if like you say its fully wound back and sat in place then??? Take it round the block a few times maybe then see how free it is. Or try them on opposite side will confirm whether its pad or not

I've just lost my locking wheel nut so I can't do anything for a while lol. MOT in march so get that out the way first see if it passes if it fails or any advisories then I'll work on it if it comes up. Thanks bud

Back