• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

o2 sensor question

well basically ive put a full scorpion exhaust (with de-cat) on my ep3 and now CEL light is on..... i have purchased a o2 spacer and just wondering which sensor i should put it on as there is a primary sensor and a secondary sensor???

as ive been told if the CEL is on it will cause the car to run slighty rich as the ecu goes into safe mode (and i can kind of confirm this, as i get the odd whiff of fuel now and again when stood and the car seems to bog down sometimes, which is not in the type r's nature! as these engines normally love the revs!)

is the primary bank 1?????

What exactely are you talking about?

Did you use an OBDII scan tool for earasing DTC's?
Cause my mate had a fault code: fuel trim bank 1 on his EVO IX, it was solved by replacing the PRIMARY O2 sensor. However, in your case, I higly doubt the primary O2 would be the problem.

Please provide some more info what your exact problem is.

Did you fit the O2 sim?
Did you erase the error by using scan tool?
Does it come back on?

Hi guys. As I am using my phone I can not see the pic properly just want to know, is the primary senso the 1 closer to the front or rear of the car?

Hi guys. As I am using my phone I can not see the pic properly just want to know, is the primary senso the 1 closer to the front or rear of the car?

According to that picture primary is the closer to the front, i.e. first one the exhaust gases get to.

Hey does any one know where a can get a o2 sensors for a de cat pipe i have just put in to off the engine light ?

Back