• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

o2 sensor wireing checks

A bit of back ground, I had a new exhaust fitted with sports cat back in Feb, the old o2 sensor was jamed so the garage fitted an after market special from euro car parts, the week after I took it to TDi North for a k100 and at that point the o2 sensor failed. we put it down to it been cheap rubbish.

About a month ago I took a gamble on a genuine second hand sensor which after a ecu reset worked for about 2 weeks but then the same fault came up. (I have a code reader, the error is o2 sensor bank 1 sensor 1 low voltage). So this time I went for a brand new genuine honda part which only lasted 2 days before the same fault code popped up again.

I have contacted TDi North and they suggested checking the wireing for the o2 sensor to the ecu, has any one else had wireing issues for o2 sensors or any advice for checking and removing ecu for checks?

So the wiring all checked out ok but still getting a fault when I give the car a good blast out.

It's a low voltage error and some digging on the internet has told me the voltage drops as the emissions rise then the ecu cuts back on fuel to drop emissions till the voltage rises again then it adds more fuel. It cycles like that constantly a few times a second. Im wondering if the engine isn't reacting to the voltage drop fast enough which is causing the lambda sensor voltage to drop right off to 0 volts?

Any thoughts from anyone who knows about this sort of thing?

Back