• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK8 OBD?

Hi all,

Rather stupid one I've looked through the manual (admittedly briefly) and had a look round the car and can't find the OBD port?

The only thing I can find is to the right of the drivers leg - what looks like a dongle already plugged in - tempted to pull it out but didn't want to incase the instruments use it and pull boost info etc from the wireless dongle that looks like its there

Any thoughts?

Hi all,

Rather stupid one I've looked through the manual (admittedly briefly) and had a look round the car and can't find the OBD port?

The only thing I can find is to the right of the drivers leg - what looks like a dongle already plugged in - tempted to pull it out but didn't want to incase the instruments use it and pull boost info etc from the wireless dongle that looks like its there

Any thoughts?

I think that is the OBD port and what is plugged in will be most likely the Honda App "Dongle". My dealer removed the dongle when they need to connect their panasonic laptop scanner thing-ma-jig when they were pulling data from the car for Honda UK.

You were dead right! removed it and fitted the new OBD unit

Didn't even know had the Honda dongle fitted - doesn't seem to do anything on my car anyways

You were dead right! removed it and fitted the new OBD unit

Didn't even know had the Honda dongle fitted - doesn't seem to do anything on my car anyways

you need to download the MyHonda app onto your smartphone and then enter the VIN of your car to set it up.

some-people don't like the fact that having it running could in theory expose your geographic whereabouts and driving style to Honda and they could pass this to Big Brother. but to be honest there's probably other hidden data like that in the car already without the Dongle, so if Honda and the BiB really wanted to know what you've been up-to they'd likely only need to download the ECU and look at your mobile phone geo data.

for me it's a little piece of mind when I'm out knowing the car is still parked where I think it should be. and having the ability to view the car fuel gauge without actually going to the car is a nice little touch which tells me if I need to allow a bit of extra refuel time to the next car journey.

also, (assuming they don't disconnect it), it is nice to see where the Dealer has been on the roadtest if it's in for Servicing :)

for me it's a little piece of mind when I'm out knowing the car is still parked where I think it should be. and having the ability to view the car fuel gauge without actually going to the car is a nice little touch which tells me if I need to allow a bit of extra refuel time to the next car journey.

Not only that, it tells you the mph and revs and location on map in real time.

Back