• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

octane rating for a CTR

Thats a nice surprise. I would of thought 97.

Which would make it a pain in the ass for most of the people that drive them?? Honda are not that stupid.

They have adjusted it to make it easier to live with here in Europe.

I have a JDM S2000, that is supposed to be run 97+RON fuel and I do, but if I put 95RON it wont blow up.

For the record I used to put Optimax in my EP3 anyway, just for the placebo effect and the fact that the K100 was programmed (ideally) for that.

All cars sold in the UK will run quite happily and safely on 95RON fuel.

i had a look through the handbook and it does say to run type r's on a higher ron as using a lower ron will likely cause a tapping noise from within the engine

it doesnt really seem to cost a massive deal more and with my background i prefer only to use the higher

All cars sold in the UK will run quite happily and safely on 95RON fuel.

My DC2 runs like a tw@t on 95 RON. And BP Ultimate surprisingly. I run it on Tesco 99 or V Power. UKDM DC2's are 97 RON minimum I'm sure?

I'm pretty sure that's a legal requirement too....

Not at all. Most high performance car require 97 RON fuel.

97RON minimum for a DC2 Chris, should be a little sticker on the inside of the filler door. Esso Super and V-Power seemed to work well in mine with similair mileage.

97RON minimum for a DC2 Chris, should be a little sticker on the inside of the filler door. Esso Super and V-Power seemed to work well in mine with similair mileage.

Thought it was, started doubting myself for some reason. The guy I bought it off said V Power and Tesco 99 only, anything else it doesn't like. :lol:

I had mine remapped on Vpower, so looks like I'm stuck on higher RON for the time being. :lol:

95 octane does well. However, I noticed a significant better throttle response on 98 octane. Saves me around 4£ on every fill-up though, 2 times a month => around 100£ a year difference for me.

1 horsepower/ 100£ a year... I keep it to 95RON guys...

95 octane does well. However, I noticed a significant better throttle response on 98 octane. Saves me around 4£ on every fill-up though, 2 times a month => around 100£ a year difference for me.

1 horsepower/ 100£ a year... I keep it to 95RON guys...

Have you taken increased MPG with higher octane fuel into account?

Good point! I actually never tried that... However, to make profit out of 98octane, I would have to be able to drive an additional 30 miles out of a full tank, and I really doubt 98 would achieve that over 95.

In my Lupo sport, I get better MPG with Vpower. I don't know if it feels a little better, that might be a placebo? but i do get 30miles more out of a tank. not bad for a £30 fill up from empty.

Seems you're right!
I actually have benefit from using 98!

There is significant increase in MPG.
Also, I've been running 95 since I got the car, never found it worth getting 98 but there sure is a noticeable increase in power!

*Taking in account the engine benefits from the cold weather and dense air...*

Back