• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Odd rumble when exhaust gets drenched!

My Spoon B-pipe used to do it as well.

I think it is down to the B-pipe being a larger diameter so it sits closer to the underside of the car.

Never done it on my FN2 fortunately. Must have bigger clearances to accommdate the B-pipe.

my Legalis R does this and its f*cking annoying, it proper bangs on the floor of the car. i had a look today and there is clearance on the floor but not much.

i was thinking of getting some uprated hangers and see if they will help with the vibrations.

Just treated myself to a supersprint b-pipe as well, i also have a slight knocking mostly noticeable when changing down gear, would there be any sort of heat resistant spongy material that could possibly cushion the pipe at all?? anyone tried anything ??

phew.. i get this too and only when its raining.

i get rumbles under my seat and if i put the clutch in and rev it sounds like a machine gun.

glad its nothing to worry about..

My spoon did this once or twice. The worst was when a plastic bag melted on my skunk exhaust. It stank for weeks.

Not sure if this is useful to anyone, but i bought a fire blanket and wrapped the b-pipe on the part that had no clearance and it has completely removed all rattling and knocking. gear changes, motorway driving, gunning it, all is completely smooth and noise free :D
IMG_0270.jpg

Right, i drove to liverpool earlier in the rain and through lots of puddles and it felt like i was sitting on top of a washing machine the whole journey !!!

and some of the noises it was making was quite scary !

What do ?

That's the water boiling on the b pipe pal nothing to worry about. Im gonna try wrapping the whole thing in heat wrap see if that helps because it's really annoying

well it worked a treat for me, before the blanket i found that it would rattle after vtec'in, motorway driving, rain or if i've been driving for over 30 mins. With the fire blanket, the only time i ever hear it is when im doing over 80 mph which makes the cabin feel a bit loud but no rattle :D

Back