• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

OEM airbox intake hose - should it connect to airbox?

As per title, currently my intake hose just sits infront/in the airbox port. It appears to have been pushed down by the coolant hose above as the h clip holding that has gone slack. Looking at the fiche, I don't think that I have any parts missing.

Should the hose be stretched around the airbox port?

Edit: 2003 EP3

Last edited by a moderator:
Have you got any pics of it? I'm struggling to picture what you mean.

I think I understand, and yes it should.

When I bought my car it had a generic cone filter sitting at the top of the engine, being fed via CAI stuck in the OEM intake hose. I got a second hand airbox off of ebay and put it into place. However the part Moab78 is describing wouldn't link up with the airbox. There was as he describes a gap. The intake wouldn't sretch far enough back to meet the airbox.

I took the airbox back out and took the intake hose off of the car, its held on by a bolt or two. Next I took the moutning bracket off of the intake hose, and fitted the intake hose to the lower part of the airbox. With them both still attached to each other I put the lower part of the airbox back into the car. Feeding the intake hose under the raditor pipe, its a bit fiddly but can be done. To secure the loose end of the intake hose I used a cable tie going through where the mounting bracket used to fit.

y7abymup.jpg

I stretched it over the port last night, I will see if it is still connected tonight.

Sent using Tapatalk

Back