• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

OEM backbox any good??

Suits

First to flounce
Guys,

I'm looking at getting a DC Sports 4-2-1 manifold, but I believe I will need say a DC5 CAT so that MOT gets a pass. I have three questions:

1 - Will I need the JDM front anti roll bar too with this mani or will it get passed without it?

2 - How bad is the OEM backbox, is it bad or can I keep it as I think it looks perfect, I do like the Fujitsubo Legalis-R but thats more money.
760-52061.jpg

3 - With these things in mind, to get it all to fit i'll need a new B-pipe too:confused:
DC Mani - DC5 CAT - B-pipe - OEM back box. Is this correct?

You can not run a DC5 cat with that manifold, as the DC5 cat is part of the 2-1.

However you can run it with a Spoon 4-2, J's 4-2 or even a DC5 4-2 :eek:

I would advise that you buy Kpro too if you are going to run anything other than the standard manifold.

I would change the mid pipe too, (Spoon one) but the OEM back box is fine unless you are running SILLY power then it will become restrictive.

Oh yeah i'll have the Kpro before any of this, but I want to get everything first then get it mapped all together. Try and save some money.:rolleyes:

Oh, so ill prob scrap the dc mani unless I can find a resonable Legalis R cat back.

Oh yeah i'll have the Kpro before any of this, but I want to get everything first then get it mapped all together. Try and save some money.:rolleyes:

Oh, so ill prob scrap the dc mani unless I can find a reasonable Legalis R cat back.

It depends what you want tbh mate, most people will get a full 4-2-1 manifold system and get to know a friendly MOT tester ;) £20 left in the tail pipe normally works :lol:

The 4-2-1 are obviously better for gains as there is no CAT there to restrict the flow, however I have read of people getting 'not too shabby' figures with a spoon 4-2 and DC5 2-1.

You could get a 4-2, 2-1 manifold and then put on an OEM DC5 2-1 piece for MOT times (which is part of the DC5 CAT).

Deffo scrap the OEM catback though if you are going Kpro etc,

I would change the mid pipe too, (Spoon one) but the OEM back box is fine unless you are running SILLY power then it will become restrictive.

I thought a B pipe was a mid pipe:confused: , I dont really know the correct terms im afraid:oops:

Iirc the OEM back box is ok up to 300BHP.

Thats alright then, I'll be going no-where near that amount of power.

:)

:smt017 Man this is pretty annoying, I want to try and keep all this below the 1k mark(without the Kpro).

I have been using Unit 8 and Vtec direct as possible part suppliers, they may not be the cheapest but just to give me an idea.

Its probably a better idea to just get a new cat back system and a mani at once.

Why is Mugen stuff so bloody expensive, I mean I know its supposed to be good stuff, but everything they do is fooking loads:mad: :confused:

The 4-2-1 are obviously better for gains as there is no CAT there to restrict the flow, however I have read of people getting 'not too shabby' figures with a spoon 4-2 and DC5 2-1.

Deffo scrap the OEM catback though if you are going Kpro etc,

You could use the Spoon 4-2 & DC5 2-1 & Spoon B pipe with OEM backbox (If the B pipe fits?) and it would look stock but still give decent gains with KPRO surely?
Alternatively you could always have a bespoke B pipe knocked up.

I don't personally like Mugen stuff, I think it's massively over priced when you look @ other things available.

Instead of getting an overpriced Spoon B pipe, get a Supersprint unsilenced and use your OE rear box ;)

Instead of getting an overpriced Spoon B pipe, get a Supersprint unsilenced and use your OE rear box ;)

Good idea, I want to try and keep it a normal sounding as possible though, I know i'll always get a better sound with a aftermarket exhaust, but I dont want LOUD exhaust.

This I want:

http://www.vtecdirect.com/online/cg...-Fujitsubo-LegalisR-Exhaust-System--760-52061

Its looking alot cheaper form America too. like just over £400, there will be shipping but it'll still be cheaper.

Think there are some sound clips on the CTRO forum. I sell loads of Supersprint middle pipes over there and people just use the Honda rear box. Ideal if you want to save the $$$ but get shot of the very restrictive middle section.

As far as I know the Fujitsubo gets a thumbs up from everyone who has one. Even from those who haven't got one, ha.

IMO you really do need to keep the twin round tailpipe. Oval or single round looks sh!t

Back