• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

OEM Brake pads or Ferodo DS2500?

Hi, im in two minds to which brake pads to fit to my '04 CTR. i would like to go for Ferodo DS2500 as their reviews a very good but ive heard a few reports of them suffering from loud squeeling, which i definetly dont want. Ive been recommended Pagid blue's but heard no reviews from civic owners. i didn't know whether to go for genuine Honda as i dont do track days but fast road driving often occurs. Your opinions would be very helpful!

I've got DS2500 and never had any squeeling since fitting them a few months ago. DS2500 all the way for me

I fitted ds2500 to my CTR 2 weeks ago to repalce EBC redstuff pads, massive improvement, and thats just with standard discs. worth the money in my opinion.

i went on the civictyperowners and a few mentioned the squeeling which put me off as i really wanted them. whats the cheapest price you've seen them? they had a forum discount which they paid around £74.

I paid 95 from a store in Aberdeen, but my old pads were needing replaced asap and it was in for a service anyway so got it all done together and just paid the extra. I'm sure you can find a better deal online though.

Ferodo ds2500 for me, noticeable improvement over stock.
There is also some new Stop Tech pads out that might be worth a look as they seem reasonably priced at around £70 rrp

i think ill give them a whirl and see what they're like. Don't think they would get that good of a rating off you lads if they where *****. Do they need warming up or do they work well from cold, also brake dust levels, higher oir lower than standard?

I've been running DS2500 for about 8000 miles now and they've never squealed once.

If fitted correctly they shouldn't squeal.

mine squealed ill be honest. they were fitted correctly. might just have been a certain batch of them or w/e as this was over a year ago now.

ive ordered the FERODO DS 2500's now so ill see what they are like, do you lads know how much genuine honda discs are because everyone seems to prefere them.

Mintex discs are on ebay for £51 including delivery.
I dont think they are too different from standard Honda discs (correct me if i'm wrong)

i saw the brembo discs but everyone rates the O.E. I would honestly like a disc that was drilled/grooved as they do look that bit better, but i don't want to compromise braking performance or pay too much money for a few holes/grooves etc.

ive ordered the FERODO DS 2500's now so ill see what they are like, do you lads know how much genuine honda discs are because everyone seems to prefere them.

You will be amazed about their performance!

They were the first mod to come onto my CTR and never regret spending that 220€ (+- 180£)
I have to admit they squeal when braking from 5mph to complete stop but I personally don't care a bit!

One downside though...

When pads are cold, you could overestimate their performance which may cause hazard when cruising the highways. Don't get me wrong, they do better than the stock pads even when cold...
For example, when you go for some "sporty" country road driving, on hot pads, you can do some real hard braking, it's just amazing... But 15minutes later, cruising the highway on cold pads, be AWARE they perform less than when you were driving like Louis Hamilton on the bendy roads...

DS2500 are a big winner for me, best thing i ever done to my brakes, i get them on trade at £51 inc vat. Never squealed for me but i did use them a tad much and warp my disks, (being replaced this week) haha

oh and on bremboshop.co.uk ( i think) i got my brembo disks for £57 with next day postage inc. Will let you know later this week it they are any good!

i went on the civictyperowners and a few mentioned the squeeling which put me off as i really wanted them. whats the cheapest price you've seen them? they had a forum discount which they paid around £74.

sorry to hijack this thread, but thought it better than starting a new one.....
Just had my pads checked today and only a few mm left on them(track day killed them) so going to get some ds2500's based on everyones recommendations. Haven't really bought any car parts before online, are there any places people can reccommend based on price and service? Cheers

Back