• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Off to santa pod

Im taking my civic to the santa pod and have had a little bet with my mate.Ive never been down a drag strip and i reckon it might do ok.its got 311 bhp and am hoping for around thirteen seconds?My mate rekons no chance:evil: Anyone got an idea roughly what i should expect.Thanks

Im taking my civic to the santa pod and have had a little bet with my mate.Ive never been down a drag strip and i reckon it might do ok.its got 311 bhp and am hoping for around thirteen seconds?My mate rekons no chance:evil: Anyone got an idea roughly what i should expect.Thanks

13s are achievable especially with a JRSC, it is all in the launch :cool:

As a guide my CTR did it in 14.88 @97mph and that is with a Gruppe M and spoon catback.

13s are achievable especially with a JRSC, it is all in the launch :cool:

As a guide my CTR did it in 14.88 @97mph and that is with a Gruppe M and spoon catback.

That was a quick reply mate,im hoping so its got a diff aswell but the clutch i bought off scott isnt the best.Cant get use to it and i think the thrust bearing has gone,any tips for launching pal?

That was a quick reply mate,im hoping so its got a diff aswell but the clutch i bought off scott isnt the best.Cant get use to it and i think the thrust bearing has gone,any tips for launching pal?

Do you have launch control?

Only tip I can give (I am not a master at it) is watch those lights (amber amber green)

Get lined up before your opponent to give you more time to get ready for launch, it will become apparent when you are there..

Yeah got launch control,its set at three and a half thousand revs. Looking forward to sunday weather is meant to be nice.Hopefully its a back wind and ill get me mate to pay up.

What car has he got?

He,s got a really old golf dont think hes going with me anyway as he might have to work,he keeps telling me to get an evo 8 or 9 fq?He doesnt like the handling of the ctr. Ive only been in scoobies so not sure if im missing out.

He,s got a really old golf dont think hes going with me anyway as he might have to work,he keeps telling me to get an evo 8 or 9 fq?He doesnt like the handling of the ctr. Ive only been in scoobies so not sure if im missing out.
he sounds like he has no clue. win the bet and buy a few pints while laughing at him :)

Launch at anything over 4,000 if possible. 4,800 rpm ... should be sufficient to get the power and least wheelspin as possible. With a JSRC, 13 seconds is nearly every run.

Aaron

Only tip I can give (I am not a master at it) is watch those lights (amber amber green)

If it's just a RWYB day I thought reaction time wasn't added to run time ?
Shame the CTR is poor off the line, 13's are achievable in a stock S2000.

I've a turbod EP3 thats 310 hp too, And its all about the launch. Unfortunatly i've bog all 1/4 mile practise which is no use to anyone, but i do believe 13 seconds are more than acheivable.

just got back from santa pod, was there for the weekend with a load of mates, weather was really good!!
my best run was a 14.600!!! quite impressed with that. was my 3rd run, and my first time on a 1/4 mile strip

just got back from santa pod, was there for the weekend with a load of mates, weather was really good!!
my best run was a 14.600!!! quite impressed with that. was my 3rd run, and my first time on a 1/4 mile strip

What was the speed?

What mods you got?

was that in a standard ep3?

Any wheelspin, is down to driver .... If you get it right, then you do not wheelspin, if you take off moderately, straight away you're in second gear and then you can start hammering it.

Those are your 60 ft times? That will tell whether you were spinning the wheels or not, you should be looking for around the 2 second mark, anything more than that and you're spinning too much.

I've run lots of 12.9second runs with road tyres and my car has just over 300 bhp.

You should be well into the 13's with 310bhp.

my 12.6 was at 97mph.my best 60ft was 2.3. iv got an apexi induction kit and kpro, running the rsx cold air map.
it was well hard to get traction on saturday, loadsa peolpe were blowing up engines,gearboxes, and their bikes, so they were constantly cleanin the track.
cant wait to go again. i reckon if i stayed late on sunday, i woulda run low 14s, but the queue was unbelievable!!! way past the finish line!!!so left about mid-dayish.

To be fair snoopie it's not always down to the driver.
an extra 110hp through the front wheels isn't exactly going to be an easy task controlling. Especially since i don't do drag days too often to get used to standing starts.
Racing from rolling starts is fine though.

Back