• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

OH NO my carbon !!!

Hi all i have a buddyclub carbon bonnet and i spotted it in a different light today and im sure its getting cloudy spots how do i sort this quick ?? i really dont want it fading..

Hi all i have a buddyclub carbon bonnet and i spotted it in a different light today and im sure its getting cloudy spots how do i sort this quick ?? i really dont want it fading..

I think there's some stuff you can get to sort this out. If not you may have to get it sanded back and re-laquered as far as I'm aware. I think the cloudyness is caused by moisture getting underneath the laquer.

You've got to super fine wet grit/sand it down a bit IIRC and re-lacquer it.

There's a post on CTRO where someone has rejuvenated a Mugen style CF rear wing.

Came out looking new.

try machine polish first mine went quite bad and mirky but a machine polish fixed it up good as new think its quite common for buddyclub bonnets to do this

ive machine polished and its definatly looking better but im sure i can slightly see cloudyness still but that might just be me, definatly looks better :)

give it another going over to make sure then seal it up and wax it :)

oh does the cloudyness dissapear when the car is washed then come back when it is dry? usually a sign that its a surface problem rather than underneath as the water fills in the surface defects making it look ok for a short time, had that quite bad on the cf spoiler i had polish helped but never did manage to save it completely :(

Back