• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

oil and radiator caps!!

hi, was curious to know what difference it makes putting spoon/mugen caps on?

apart from the bling factor haha

hi, was curious to know what difference it makes putting spoon/mugen caps on?

apart from the bling factor haha

Oil cap does nothing but bling. It's got a very slightly longer thread and is probably easier to unscrew...

Radiator cap can take extra pressure over stock, but the stock one is more than capable for 99% of people's set-ups I would imagine. You'd need an uprated water pump and need some serious need for cooling to justify one for anything other than cosmetic reasons...

Do look good though!! :smt023

Sdc10060-1.jpg

thanks loxy, think ill get them for the bling factor haha :D

can i ask where did you get your spoon socks from, i cant find them anywhere?????:confused:

Try Funkypower or JDMPerformance. I got mine from Funkypower.

If you hold out - I might have a couple of, as new, Mugen socks for sale - seeing as the car is gone.. and no replacement is likely for the forseeable future.

my girlfriend got me mugen oil & radiator caps for Xmas, just need some socks now and maybe an earthing kit to complete the bling factor

The oil cap is strictly for bling, but the rad caps are a higher pressure cap.

Higher pressure caps allow the coolant temperatures boiling point to be slightly higher than OEM, these are associated with heavy engine use in racing.

So the Spoon, Mugen, J's, etc are all 1.3 bar as opposed to the OEM 1.1 bar.

Real world, no difference though.

thanks loxy, think ill get them for the bling factor haha :D

can i ask where did you get your spoon socks from, i cant find them anywhere?????:confused:

ebay is definatly worth a look for those, i just bought a mugen and a skunk2 sock off there, noticed spoon socks too. also bought a new mugen oil cap for £30 (usually go for £50+) and a new HKS gear knob for £25

Back