• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

DC2 DB8 DC5 Oil burning

Hey all,

I've recently bought my second dc2 in the shape of a CW ukdm, all has been well until today. Yesterday I fitted a dc 4-1 manifold, fujitsubo legalis r cat back and a decat, all from my other teg.

I've done the 60 mile round trip to work and back today and I've found the engine has used about 100ml of oil. There was no issue with oil consumption whatsoever before I decatted it. The bottom end of the engine was rebuilt at Honda about 3000 miles ago, whilst with the previous owner and at great expense.

Could this issue purely be due to the decat?

Cheers lads,

Alex.

The B series engines are prone to burning oil once they reach a high mileage figure. However, fitting the mods you have mentioned should not contribute to more oil usage. I would of said (I may be wrong) ... That if you've been thrashing it, to, in effect, hear your new found noise :lol: ... that's the reason why you've used a bit more oil than you normally would? Please, correct me if I'm wrong here. What grade of oil are you running in your engine? Ive had two DC2's and found that with both B18's, they burned considerably less oil when I ran them on 10/40 fully synth.

Back