• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

EP3 Oil Cap Help!!

Just went out to check my oil to find this

Need my car for today and can't get a new oil cap anywhere!

Anyone got any ideas as to what I can do? and got know how I'm going to get the black bit out of the engine!!

I reckon there's fine bits of plastic in there now. Don't drive it. Have you got AA or breakdown assist with your insurer? Have it towed to a garage and sorted.

Managed to get the black bit out just by twisting it the opposite way. it's a clean brake I doubt if any plastic has went into engine. The black bit in the engine was still whole if you know what I mean.

Just gonna have to leave it for today til I can get a new one!

I reckon there's fine bits of plastic in there now. Don't drive it. Have you got AA or breakdown assist with your insurer? Have it towed to a garage and sorted.

Jeez.... that's what an oil filter is for. And plastic shavings aren't going to damage a steel engine.

I had exactly this happen.

I borrowed the oil cap from my dads '12 plate 1.8 petrol civic. Fitted fine. Get one of those from honda perhaps?

I ended up getting a buddyclub one just because Grinspeed had one in stock and I was passing.

For a shot of a mugen oil cap from a friend of a friend! Will order a new oil cap from Honda I think.

Back