• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

oil change

I have had my CTR 4 about a month now..... I have been thrashin it a bit. so i was thinking that i might change the oil............ This will sound stupid but........ Is there a how to guide on here. It's a new car so don't wanna muck it up. :oops:

Was it new 4 months ago? Honda advise not to change the oil until the first service to aid running in. It says this in the manual. :wink:

no it's a 53 plate. Last service was about 25000 and it's on 32256 now so i wanted to change it... or should i wait for the next service and give them the oil that i want to put in it??? :?:

after its done 12,500 miles / 12 months you can change the oil whenever you want.

if you dont change it at least check it. now would be a good time to put fully synthetic oil in the old girl. some of the best you can get is "silkoline pro". it aint the cheapest, its about 40 quid for 5 litres but its top drawer. i always put it in my civics and they loved it!

speak to oilman off here if you're interested in oil its his job (btw im not on commision).

M4TT said:
no it's a 53 plate. Last service was about 25000 and it's on 32256 now so i wanted to change it... or should i wait for the next service and give them the oil that i want to put in it??? :?:

I personally don't think you can change the oil too often.
As the CTR has a high revving nature, I think 6,000 mile intervals are best for oil changes.
But thats purely imo.

There was a Group Buy on here for Silkolene Pro Race S 5w40 oil a while back. That was suggested as one of the best oils availible for the CTR.

My CTR has done 40k miles now, its only had its oil changed at services (every 12.5k miles) and its running better than when it was new. :wink: 8)

Back