• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Oil Coolers

andyd said:
Sweet.

are there any other brands?

Andy
I would of thought the cooler itself would be universal & could be made to fit with the correct fittings & hoses Andy.

Might be worth looking to see if you could use one from the Rover K Series engine, I know they have a few out due to the Head Gasket horror.
Might be worth having a look & then getting the pipes & fitments.

Just a thought matey :D

SpaceMonkey said:
andyd said:
Sweet.

are there any other brands?

Andy
I would of thought the cooler itself would be universal & could be made to fit with the correct fittings & hoses Andy.
If it doesn't have a Mugen badge, then it's not good enough for Andy :smt007

Yeah they do.
Infact I can supply them.

All I'll do is get TGM to make me one, stick a Mugen badge on it and sell it to you. :wink:

Trung said:
Yeah they do.

All I'll do is get TGM to make me one, stick a Mugen badge on it and sell it to you. :wink:

PMSL :lol:

Trung said:
Yeah they do.

You forget the bit about adding that 'Mugen' markup to the price :wink:

donald said:
Where is the best place to fit the oil cooler?

Down in the grill near the radiator is the normal place, gets decent airflow then to help the cooling effect :)

It really isn't needed IMO on normal road cars, and only on normal cars that see the track now and again and on some of the higher tuned cars where temps are going to creep up :)

I know you like a trackday or two Donald so that statement isn't aimed at you fella :wink:

I'm sure they won't mind, but some info I borrowed from DC5 forum....

I have fitted an oil cooler to every Honda personally owned.

The vtec engine runs very hot and you are having to rev these engines very high in order to get the best performance. This is where you need to rely on your choice of oil and service intervals in order to maintain an efficient engine.

Using the cooler and parts such as - oil filter take off plate, remote oil filter head, sandwich plate and thermostatic sandwich plate from a company such as: www.thinkauto.com would cost very little and allow you to fit a basic oil cooler kit with remote filter head.

For a basic oil cooler kit you only require the cooler, thermostatic sandwich plate and hoses to length. This kit is very cheap from www.thinkauto.com. The parts are Mocal.

The thermostatic plate controls when the oil goes through the cooler. If the oil is cold it is passed around the engine as normal. Once the oil is up to the temp. of the thermostat rating it opens to allow the hot oil to be cooled through the oil cooler resulting in stable oil temps at high rpm.

If the oil is cooler this will also allow the engines temp. to be more stable also as no longer heating block and other areas.

Please also look into what Goodridge can offer although more money.

www.goodridge.net/uk/automotive.htm - Click on Full Goodridge Catalogue and explore the options of hose material and fittings etc.

Referece:

Thermostat in place.
88.jpg

Mocal Remote Filter Head & Thermo Sandwich Plate
66.jpg

Take Off Plate & Normal Sandwich Plate
55.jpg

77.jpg

16 Row Mocal Oil Cooler (more than enough)
99.jpg

Fitted to:
EG6 SiR
DSCN0224.jpg

DSCN0223.jpg

DSCN0222.jpg

DSCN0221.jpg

Hope this info helps. I recommend fitting an oil cooler Very Happy

Back