• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Oil Leak!!

Hi, just noticed I have a oil leak which looks like it's coming from behind the crank pulley can see any oil above this or from either side just from the underside of the pulley. My guessing is a crank oil seal?? Are these easy to change and any precautions I have to take I.e when removing the crank pulley??
Thanks

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Hello yes it's probably the crankshaft oil seal. You will do well to remove the pulley bolt without a tool to counter hold it. Its very tight, sealy do a decent cheap one which I brought and does the job. The seal itself is easy enough to replace. I did however do mine twice as the first one leaked slightly from round the outside of the seal! So I inserted the next one with some honda bond and it's been great since.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Ah okay thanks for the info will look into purchasing one of those sealy tools. Hopefully will have this cured soon.

Well unfortunately I can't get one of these sealy tools until next week and I have a long journey to do at the weekend. Would I do any damage if I put the car in gear and used a breaker bar to remove the bolt??

OK that's a no go then lol, was just thinking if there was anyway I could get it done tonight but I will wait till tomorrow and take it to a company that has heavy duty hgv air guns see if they can budge it.

Back