• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Oil light problems!

Hi there

My oil light came on today so I pulled over (as you do) checked my oil seems fine.. (Checked it last weekend too and it was 3/4 full) but I did put in a little oil also.

So I continued to drive home not going over 3k rpm lol and the light slowly faded out!? Anyway that was weird so I put my foot down in vtec and the light came straight back on bright! I didn't vtec after and was back to driving under 3k rpm and again the light slowly faded out.

I did some research and some people say the Vtec solenoid is the problem?

Note: I removed the rocker cover last weekend to repaint it if that's got anything to do with it.

Any help will be muchly appreciated :)

Sounds like you have an oil pressure problem and possibly have a leak somewhere. I would get it looked at pronto.

Cheers for the replies, I think it's solved. I had a check over the rocker cover again and I must of forgot to put one of the valve washers on! (For **** sake)

Thanks again for the replies Howie & Stu! :)

Back