• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FN2 Oil - Over full

As you know i picked up my brand new GT up a week ago. I've just checked the oil and the mark appears to be past the top dot and sitting at the top where the dipstick twists.

Do need to get the dealer to drain some out or would you think it will be ok?

I haven't added any, so it must have been like that when i picked it up.

Last edited by a moderator:
This might seem a little strange, but you are wiping the dipstick before re-dipping and reading it?

This might seem a little strange, but you are wiping the dipstick before re-dipping and reading it?

:D ha ha yeah of course :D Honda said it's no problem and will probably burn off within the next 500 miles so i'll leave it as it is.

How far in mm above the max dot is it? Over filling causes over pressure in the oil system and it'll force its way out somewhere! ;)

A couple of mm is fine but more then that and I would want them to drain some.

How far in mm above the max dot is it? Over filling causes over pressure in the oil system and it'll force its way out somewhere! ;)

A couple of mm is fine but more then that and I would want them to drain some.

Yeah see i thought it was a good 6-8mm over, but when they checked after leaving it standing for quite a while they said it was no more than 2-3mm.

Yeah see i thought it was a good 6-8mm over, but when they checked after leaving it standing for quite a while they said it was no more than 2-3mm.

I'd want to see it myself. Even when the oil is hot it should only be a max or 1-2mm over. Hot oil runs back into the sump relatively quickly. How soon after then engine was off did you check it and was the engine warm?

I'd want to see it myself. Even when the oil is hot it should only be a max or 1-2mm over. Hot oil runs back into the sump relatively quickly. How soon after then engine was off did you check it and was the engine warm?

When i checked it, it had been sitting for 3 hours. When Honda did the dip, it had been standing for 30 mins so i would have thought that was long enough.

Unless pulling the fiddly dipstick out meant somehow i got an inaccurate reading??? :confused:

Back