• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Oil pressure reading over 100 on 2 gauges is that normal for a type r?

Hi

I've bought 2 gauges for my ctr ep3 what sit on the door pillow. I got oil pressure and oil temp as I use it on the track quite a lot.

The oil temp one works fine but when we fitted the oil pressure it shot upto max! I thought it was a faulty gauge so I sent it back and bought a new one. We changed all the wireing and the gauge but it did the same.

Does anyone no why this is happening?

If its cold 90psi would be about right, once it warms up it should drop to about 30-40psi at idle and back up to around 80-90psi when revving. Although I don't have a Honda with gauges, this is about where most cars are at. Thicker and newer oil will give higher pressure readings.

If its just staying at max I'd say the pressure sensor is either faulty or the signal wire is earthing somewhere, maybe cut and touching the body.

Gaz

Last edited by a moderator:
Back