• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Oil Usage??

Heard that the CTR likes to use a bit of oil?? had mine my 54 plate 8 months and it aint used a drop?? Am I not driving it hard enough I wonder?

Just wondered what you guys thought?:confused:

Cheers

Heard that the CTR likes to use a bit of oil?? had mine my 54 plate 8 months and it aint used a drop?? Am I not driving it hard enough I wonder?

Just wondered what you guys thought?:confused:

Cheers

yes mine 04 plate 25k and uses about half a litre to 6k

Had mine since October and it's barely used a drop over 7k miles. Still check it every week juuuuust to be sure though ;)

I've done 8k miles since i purchased mine and ive only just had to buy a 1ltr top up, although it had a major service in Nov 07. So as a rule im going to be looking a 1ltr every 6months.

Not sure why but if you buy a 1ltr bottle of oil from a Honda dealer it comes in a little Honda zip up bag with gloves and some hand wipes, which feels a little bit over the top:confused: , still the bag is nice?

My FN2 is about 1L every 8k...

My EP3 used a little more...about 1 L every 6k

I put in 1.5litres over 5k.
but recently its not used any.
Im not sure it has anything to do with driving hard either, because when im living in london, Vtec is seldom accessed, and it used more oil then, than when i came home and did a lot of B road blasting.
Maybe it was the short journeys.

I heard the same thing about the oil usage. I've only had mine 3 weeks but i've checked the oil every week, just to be sure. It's took me 5 years to be able to get one so i'm not taking any chances.:p

Its good to get in the habit i guess.
Dont worry too much though, its not a sudden thing. As long as you keep it topped up to nearer max than min, and check at least once every 2 weeks you should be fine.

Back