• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Oil warning light

Anyone know at what level on the dipstick (between the two dots) the oil would have to be before the oil warning light comes on?

oops, just realised it's for oil pressure! :lol: But are there any other ways to tell if oil is low without looking at the dipstick?

If the oil lights comes on the damage is more than likely already done, so keep an eye on the level via the dipstick.

How quick does the oil go down in a CTR engine if it hasn't been vtec'd? I havn't checked mine in nearly 3 weeks and when I checked it then it was at 3/4 full between the dots. Havn't vtec'd it since the oil check.

fonzeka said:
Up to 1liter on 620miles is normal according to the manual.

:shock: :shock: Jesus! I'll stop worrying about mine now... I use about 600ml to a thousand miles

It really says that in Honda's manual?!... That's loads! :shock:

I'd hate to have one with heavy consumption.... "Right, that's £40 on pump number 3 and 1 litre of Silkolene" :shock: :shock: :lol:

Back