• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FD2 Oil

hey all!

need to get some top-up oil.

i have read many threads on here and other honda forums and the more i read the more i get confused.

can someone tell me what i need for my FD2?
its done about 4.5K miles.

all i want to know is the type and the "best" brand.

thanks.

Silkolene Pro S also comes highly recomended and many ppl here including myself use it. My car was serviced at Powerstation and I think they put 10w-50 in.

Opie Oils on here does some pretty good discounts if you can't source any locally or cheaper.

Silkolene Pro S also comes highly recomended and many ppl here including myself use it. My car was serviced at Powerstation and I think they put 10w-50 in.

Opie Oils on here does some pretty good discounts if you can't source any locally or cheaper.

I put that in my GTR, but I'd still recommend a 5w 40 for the K20.

I did wonder about that to be honest, but as they've looked after all the Litchfield cars including their demo I was happy to go with it.

Might look into something a bit thinner on the next change though.

Liqui Moly or Redline synthetic (5w-30) when you're changing oil at the first interval.
Otherwise, use the Liqui Moly 5w-40 Top Up Oil with MoS2 Oil Additive to top up, as the factory oil used is laden with MoS2.
Flush the engine each oil change, and use the Motor Protect additive to keep the whole thing buttery smooth.

Back