• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

DC2 DB8 DC5 Oil?

Hey guys

Anyone know what the best oil is for my DC5 and how often you recommend topping it up?

I hear they are quite thirsty on oil compared to other cars, so i just want to make sure I keep on top of it.

Thanks

try using the search button. It's quite useful.

There are loads of threads on here about oil. I think that Oilman even has some oil related threads too that will help on your search

Hey guys

Anyone know what the best oil is for my DC5 and how often you recommend topping it up?

I hear they are quite thirsty on oil compared to other cars, so i just want to make sure I keep on top of it.

Thanks

Fully synthetic 5W40 oil, my DC5 is running on Shell helix ultra 5W40 at the moment, and has been for the last 3000 miles or so, I have not had to top it up :)

I would recommend Fuchs Titan 5w-40 oil with changes every 5-6000 miles. These engines rely heavily on good quality oil, more so than most engines, to operate at full potential.

With regards to oil usage, some k20's use a lot of oil, some don't. It's down to your luck really.

Fully synthetic 5W40 oil, my DC5 is running on Shell helix ultra 5W40 at the moment, and has been for the last 3000 miles or so, I have not had to top it up :)

I've been running mine on Shell Helix as well, got tipped off by my mate at Honda and haven't looked back.

10w 30 mobile1 fully synthetic is what I always run and have never had a issue. I also check my oil every other morning before I start the car.

Back