• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Oiled filters?

hi,

on past cars i have had MAF sensors die due to having oiled induction kits fitted (BMC, KnN)

is there similar risk on the ep3? i know if its heavily oiled then it's never a good idea, but i have tried to avoid these type of filters an go for paper / sponge filters just incase.

cheers

This is true!!

Forgot About that completely!!

Ok so the ep3/dc5 doesn't use a MAF!! :D

to my knowledge, and i don't know what a maf / map sensor is but, most the filters are oiled for example gruppe m etc

So oiled is fine then yeah? ive just ordered a used INJEN cai and was gonna buy some oil to service it before i put it on! anyone know what type and where to buy some oil?

Cool thanks! Is there a fitting guide for the injen/aem Cai anywhere? Gonna give it a go soon but don't wanna go in blind or have to cut my arch liner!

i'm not sure mate have a look through the intake section, my EP3 had an AEM CAI already fitted when i bought it and my arch liner is complete so i wouldn't think you would need to cut yours.

Back