• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Oils and fuel?

Couple of questions for u guys 1)what would u guys recommend the best oil and gearbox/lsd oil would be for a EG6 civic SIR 2)because the civic is an import it runs on higher ron is there anything u can buy that changes it to run on normal fuel better.I try and use V-power but there r none really local in my area and was wondering if there was something to alter the ron cheers.

Silkolene PRO S 5w-40 for engine oil

And Honda MTF III for gearbox oil IMO

Make sure you use Super unleaded in the car, if you can't get V-Power, and maybe carry some octane booster with you if you're worried. You could get the car remapped to UK fuel, with something like a Hondata S300/Greddy e-manage/Unichip but i guess it's like the DC2 situation and Super Unleaded should be fine in it with V-Power being a preferred choice.

It's a 25min drive to my nearest Shell Garage so i just keep the tank reasonably full when i see one, so as not to get caught short :)

what about LSD oil what would u recommend and would fully synthetic or semi synthetic engine oil the best?

I agree with Hasnic.

The Silkolene Pro is a fully synthetic oil, which is superior to semi sythetic oil.

I have tended to stick with Hondas MTF oil for the gearbox, and being a front wheel drive car your LSD is in the gearbox and uses whatever oil is in there.

Back