• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FN2 Ordering new CTR on Thursday - Advice?

Hi Guys,

My first post on here so please be kind.

I'm in the fortuante position to be able to order a new car this week (just changed jobs) and absolutely love the new type R. Never had a chance to drive the previous version but still liked it alot. Am going to order on Thursday and wondered if anybody had any advice/tips of what to get in terms of extras or what not to get.

The spec I am considering is as follows:

Type R GT
Upgraded 19" Alloys
SAT NAV / HFT
Type R badge & stickers
Red footwell lighting
Premium floor carpets
8 cd changer
rearview cam kit
front & rear skirts
speaker rings
auto dimming rear view mirror

Thanks in advance

Rob

I'd get a bronze one. 8)

The 19's look silly big and are an awful design and ditch the footwell lighting and the review cam kit is a waste of money.

Its going to start getting pricey with that spec list.:eek:

I wouldn't bother with the HFT. Unless its comes free with the SatNav as Parrott kits are available cheaper installed, and work a lot more effectively.

Also I have heard that the auto-dimming rear mirror is a waster, because the spoiler blocks virtual all headlights from cars travelling behind you.

Hope that helps.

DONT include typre R stickers and badges in the spec list.......... tell the dealer you'll take it off the forecourt today, in cash if he throws in a set of mats and the stickers........... if not you'll go elsewhere.
If he refuses, ask to speak to his boss, and say:

"Look you F**k nut.......... I'm not paying for something which frankly should be standard......... it was on the old one and I'd rather B**ger a goat than pay XXX for a set of stickers, now go tell gimp boy if he wants his commision to stick a set on sharpish............"

:lol::twisted:

DONT include typre R stickers and badges in the spec list.......... tell the dealer you'll take it off the forecourt today, in cash if he throws in a set of mats and the stickers........... if not you'll go elsewhere.
If he refuses, ask to speak to his boss, and say:

"Look you F**k nut.......... I'm not paying for something which frankly should be standard......... it was on the old one and I'd rather B**ger a goat than pay XXX for a set of stickers, now go tell gimp boy if he wants his commision to stick a set on sharpish............"

:lol::twisted:
I concur. However, I would go for an FD2 (Japanese CTR) If you've got the wonga. A better car that is bound to hold it's value a lot more.

Save yourself some money and get an FD2. Much MUCH MUCH better car

Brembos, LSD and white paint for a start :cool:

If you have 20k to spend you'd be CRAZY to get an FN2 over an FD2

Funnily nearly every EP3 owner states the FD2 is a better car, without ever trying it. Its like movie Hype. Compare the two before deciding. There are plus and minus point to both vehicles.

I've had nearly the entire civic range :lol:

Sport
Pre-Facelift
Premiere
FN2

Funnily nearly every EP3 owner states the FD2 is a better car, without ever trying it. Its like movie Hype. Compare the two before deciding. There are plus and minus point to both vehicles.
Probably down to the reviews/videos on yourtube and the fact that the Japs always get the better stuff. The way of the world I'm affraid.

I still think the front of the FD2 looks gash..like a vectra or astra.....and inside does not look as good as the FN2.

the FN2 looks much better from the front.....the rear on the other hand is gash on the FN2 (as we all know):lol:

personally DC5 all the way if I were thinking oF an FD2.

Back