• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Ouch - be careful potential DC5 owners...

A little worrying to say the least. It's amazing that people will literally put peoples lives at risk just to make a quick buck!

Umm. How come neither of them felt they needed to inform the police?!

My thoughts too.. OK I can understand, wait until you get your money back, but then I would inform the Police, Trading Standards, Watchdog not to mention name and shame to every car forum.

If anyone spots it up for sale at that garage again let me know. One of my best mates works for North Wales police (which is the area the garage is in) and is pretty good mates with Richard 'I hate motorists' Brunstrom*. So I reckon he'd be more than happy to sort something out on that front for me. ;)

* He's the Chief Constable of North Wales Police for those who haven't heard of him...

Last edited by a moderator:
What a nightmare.

So from reading that the original owner from itr-dc5 never posted until he had his money back?

I presume the car is back up for sale again.

No, p3eps (first buyer) kept it to himself until he got his money back. The dealer had already begun the process of selling it to ErA before this, hence the slight overlap (I think).

I think it is almost certainly still for sale at the dealer as we speak - one of the DC5 forum guys called up about it after this thread was posted!

Theres a 3rd guy whose now bought this and is trying to get his money back..I think thats why no-one has informed Trading standards etc until he`s got his refund!!:evil:

i know where this car is - i almost bought it the other day!!!! so glad i didn't. looked at it on a ramp and noticed damage underneath and to the o/s/r quarter as well as poor paint all over. im currently waiting to look at another one, so im hoping that'll be better :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Terrible, not only did he try it once but he tried it a second time and denied all knowledge again :evil:

Thats so wrong! I've been in a similar situation and I know how those guys feel, they are lucky they got their money back.

Back