• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Out of shape?

Hey just looking for some advise,

Just got my 2005 CTR back from yeomans Honda in Guildford after having the brakes done and it's come back with an adviseory on the rear tyres for being out of shape. The tech seemed to think it was in keeping with standard type r issues, Is this right? Can anyone shed some light on the matter? They're out of shape on the inner edge.

Thanks

Incorrect camber causing inside wear.
Or outside. On my '03 CTR it was wearing the outside edges into steps, too it to honda and it was caused by on of the rear sus' arms being the wrong length from a dodgy batch....... think that was only around the '03 models though...

Ok cool, Honda don't seem to think there's anything wrong with it. Have said it's a common issue on type r. I think maybe I should take it to a different dealer see what they say.

Also does anyone know a cheap place to get tyres in Guildford/surrey area?

My 05 had really bad rear inner edge wear, the fast road setup by TGM sorted it out :cool:

My 05 had really bad rear inner edge wear, the fast road setup by TGM sorted it out :cool:

Ok cool. I've read a few posts about the fast road setup, what is it and how much does such a thing cost?

Might be worth spending the money to avoid having to replace tyres before their tred has worn out etc?

Thanks for the feed back guys:D

Back