• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

owl's CTR

E

evilowl

Sorry for the blatant copy and paste from type-r.org :D

Clicky pics for bigger

Getting onto 3 wheels for a hairpin near the ring (August Ring Trip) -

Halfway up Stelvio Pass, Italy (HET 2005) -

Looking back down the valley halfway up the Furka Pass, Switzerland (HET2005) -

Cooling my brakes after a superb evening lapping the Nurburgring Nordschleife (Easter 05) -

Engine -

Hondata KPro
Gruppe-M induction kit
Toda Racing manifold
Spoon Sports N1 catback
Spoon Sports earthing kit
Spoon Sports rad cap
Spoon Sports oil cap
Energy Suspension engine mounts
Shell Helix 5w40 fully synthetic

Transmission -

Quaife ATB LSD
Toda Racing lightened flywheel
Toda Racing balanced clutch

Suspension -

JDM spec front & rear swaybars
Revised geometry, inc toe/camber to custom spec

Brakes/tyres -

Factory disks
Ferodo DS2500's front & rear
Castrol DOT 5.1 fluid
Goodridge braided lines front & rear
Bridgestone RE040 tyres

Exterior -

TechOne HID kit with Hella ballasts and 6000k bulbs
PolarG Shinning Wizards sidelight bulbs
Magnetic GB badge
Nordschleife stickers

Interior -

Spoon Sports titanium gearknob
carbon fibre JDM sill strips
Road Angel 2
Vanilla Magic Tree

To come / wishlist -

Bullet camera's
Bride buckets
Baffled sump
Stripped & Safety Devices rollcage
Endless brakes
Toda cams / engine kit

Thanks to Guy @ CPL, Craig & Karl, Em for putting up with my driving, various civictype-r.co.uk users for inspiration / advice etc, my boss for letting me have time off for jaunts round Europe, my bank manager...

Think thats about it!

:smt003 :smt003 :smt003

Stunning pics Ross then you always do take a cracking pic.

That car is awesome and goes like the clappers. Thanks Ross for me lap round the ring. :smt023

Some stunning pictures there m8. I like the top one especialy. Really sums the CTR up :D

Looking good Ross 8)

and some great pics as usual, must say one of my favourite was the pic u took in the underground carpark where u can see all the CTR roof spoilers

Lovely pics there mate. 8) 8) 8)

You might want to enter the 2nd and 3rd pic in the competition (see sticky in pictures)

Ross your picces make me want to drive the Stelvio Pass. It used to be the quality photo's in EVO that started my passion for Touring Europe by car, but your pics make me want to do it more :smt023

I don't wanna piss on your bonfire but Stelvio really wasn't all it was hyped up to be as a "drivers road"

I found it too narrow to really have fun. The road goes into really narrow tunnels that are totally pitch black, and there were too may cyclists and motorbikers. Scenery very good on the way up, but the top was a dissapointment.

The Furka Pass however, was totally superb and as a drivers road over 100 times better. The Julier Pass heading into St Moritz was also a gorgeous road.

Having the Motorola radios came in really handy for overtaking on hairpins though, with the front car being able to bring the following car through on totally blind bends - you have to deeply trust the people in the other car though so this is not a technique for noobs! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Yeh i found this dosn't work if ur radio-ing car is a metro, u kinda catch up with in the forst bend :lol:

evilowl said:
The Furka Pass however, was totally superb and as a drivers road over 100 times better. The Julier Pass heading into St Moritz was also a gorgeous road.

How far/long is the fukka pass from Koblenz? Can it be done in a day's driving?

Ross you should post this in the pictures competition. :twisted:

(Sticky in the Pictures section)

Great pics as always :D

The car is not doing bad on the mods front either I have to say, didn't realise you had that much done to her.

I am hoping you go next year on the trip as I need some good pics taking ;)

Carl

The thing I really like about Evilowl's car is that he's kept the stock looks of the car. Thats exactly they way I think it should be done :twisted: Lure people into a false sense of security, then unleash the Fury :wink:

Wow thanks for all the nice comments <blushes>

Bazzer said:
How far/long is the fukka pass from Koblenz? Can it be done in a day's driving?

A damn long way, but yeah easy in a day.

We did Koblenz to St Moritz in Switzerland in a day of driving, that was approx 420 odd miles. Left Koblenz at about 10am and arrived in St Moritz at around 6 or 7ish in the evening with about an hour's stop during the day.

The thing you have to remember with these roads are although the majority is motorway (so cruise at 100-120ish) the latter 80 miles through Switzerland was all windy mountain roads!

Autoroute says that Koblenz to Furka is around 365 miles and would take around 6 hours of driving

Here's a good site listing all the nice passes, their heights above sea level and pictures

http://www.alpentourer.de/eng/alpenpaesse/index.html

I cannot recommend highly enough the road between St Moritz and Chamonix. The best day of driving I've ever had.

Back