• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Pads and disc set up 70/30 road track day

Having just purchased a Jdm ep3 I would like to upgrade the pads and discs for the coming track day season, now I must stress I do most of my driving on the road and am having a FRSU dimone this week with full geometry set up in the coming months but I would like a pad/ disco combo that will perform good on track days

ds2500 are out of the question not good enough by all accounts . Is their a setup where I can have the best of both worlds .

Thanks fellas

Budget? Are you doing lines and fluid as well? Dixcel discs get good reviews, although I've not tried them. PBS pads are meant to be excellent for the money and comparible to CR, Carbotech etc.

http://www.performancebrakesolutions.com/

Turns out I have a brand new set which haven't been used that you could have of me for a reasonable price. :)

Cheers fella I was hoping you would reply as all the posts regarding this topic you have given some great input hence why I won't go with the ds2500.
as for budget I am not quite sure as I have never delved into track use before as by old civic had own brakes but is somewhere around £200 price a decent place to start
again mostly road driving so something with good cold bite , but also not going to **** itself after one track day. Project mu are they any good for what I need .fluit and lines will be upgraded to

cheers

Project Mu are good, yes, but I'd still recommend PBS. Never find a bad word said about them.

I've got DS 2500's with standard discs done 4 track days and is my daily, no problems, fine at Spa last year, you ever tried them?:confused:

Crowds

DS2500 work for some and not for others. I found them to be good for fast road, but heavy use on a track you could kill them within 10 mins of heavy use. I suppose it depends on driving style. I drive every lap on track like I'm qualifying for a Grand Prix so I brake heavy and late.

I found DS2500's to be uninspiring and unable to live up to the hype they seem to have.

I'm currently on my second set of Carbonne Lorraine RC6's with OE Brembo discs and they are a fantastic combination in every aspect like bite, pedal feel and zero fade.

They are also fine for road driving once you get used to the ridiculous bite at low speeds.

Cheers gatecrasher. How much are the carbbone Lorraine and do you have them all over its either these or the pbs, will have a look at the oem brembo disks. I don't suppose I could trouble you for a link to what you have

regards

I run ebc ultimax slotted disc's with yellow stuff pads. Not cooked them yet and have great bite from cold

Cheers gatecrasher. How much are the carbbone Lorraine and do you have them all over its either these or the pbs, will have a look at the oem brembo disks. I don't suppose I could trouble you for a link to what you have

regards

They are expensive to the tune of around £200, I can't comment on the PBS pads as I haven't used them so they may well fit the bill for you. But as per my post I can certainly vouch for the RC6's.

I only have them on the fronts and sourced them and the discs through Kam Racing - http://www.kamracing.co.uk/

my experience of yellowstuff is they didnt last a single track day. I wouldnt even have thwm on the rear after that experience. Ive just tried to upload a pic but its too big. Basically there was no pad left after a day at croft. Ds2500 i find are far superior as are pbs both i have used on track, im the other however and dont do any road driving other than to and from track. However says ds2500 arnt good enough are talking rubbish

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

Was that recently? Old yellow stuff was ***** but made a new compound. Is on all pursuit cars.

CL RC5+ will set you right! Best pads I've ever used.
I'm using Carbotech XP8's at the moment, they don't seem to have the same initial bite as the CL's, and need some heat to get them to work, but I'll see how I get on with them on track.

Get used to cleaning your wheels though!

Adam, now we're taking. DS2500 are massively overrated and they chew through discs. Their main issue is that they continue to bite way beyond the capability of most discs, so end up leaving deposits. They also wear very quickly.

Back