• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Pads and disc set up 70/30 road track day

Guys i have just bought a stoptech bbk. Which pads would yous recommend. That wont be too harsh on discs and wear out in a days track use? Thanks

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

Maybe im not braking hard enough then lol. Cooked the standard pads but not these yet but haven't been on track yet neither

Most of the pads mentuoned in this post are overkill if the car isnt going to see a track

Adam, now we're taking. DS2500 are massively overrated and they chew through discs. Their main issue is that they continue to bite way beyond the capability of most discs, so end up leaving deposits. They also wear very quickly.

I had them on when I first bought my EP3, didn't like the way they felt and I've heard across many forums that they leave deposits. Luckily enough for me they were fairly worn and replaced them before I had a chance to really test them out on track.

Most of the pads mentuoned in this post are overkill if the car isnt going to see a track

Maybe you should read the title of the thread and the first post.
And just to add, I did 2 trackdays, plus 25k miles on a set of CL RC5+ pads and MTEC grooved discs.

I had them on when I first bought my EP3, didn't like the way they felt and I've heard across many forums that they leave deposits. Luckily enough for me they were fairly worn and replaced them before I had a chance to really test them out on track.

Maybe you should read the title of the thread and the first post.
And just to add, I did 2 trackdays, plus 25k miles on a set of CL RC5+ pads and MTEC grooved discs.
Yes your right. Have you tried the rc6.is price wise they are only slightly more expensive

Yes your right. Have you tried the rc6.is price wise they are only slightly more expensive

I've not tried the RC6 mate. They are pretty much a race pad though.
Two reasons why I switched to Carbotech XP8 was because I didn't like the dust the CL's gave off and they stained 2 sets of my wheels ( I tend to clean every two weeks ), and secondly I wanted to try something different. I spoke to Ian @ Carbotech before ordering and he said that the XP8's are similar to the RC6 pads.

For me and my driving style though, I'm struggling to get along with the Carbotech's because they seem to need a bit of heat to get them working well and I'm not heavy on the brakes round town, they just don't give me the confidence like the CL's did, I knew that if I needed to stand on the brakes the CL's would provide great force instantly. I'll hold off on full judgement till I get them on track though as they might be better bed in then.

658d0d99e1c0935b38a9108653f081df.jpg

I've been out and about most of the morning in the car , told my passenger that I was going to be doing some hard braking and they stopped superbly from all sorts of speeds ... The brakes are excellent. I'd say they are slightly better than the AP Racing 2 piece discs I had on my DC5!

That being said , I had oem rears on the DC5.

Cheers chaps I think their is an awful lot of variety and choice so to start with I am going to go with a full set of pbs and some oem grooved or smooth brembo discs . If I feel they don't give me enough bite when cold I will have a look at the CL's

One of the civic lads i was speaking with advised grooved discs with pbs pads.. Just for your info. Says they work better with them.

Cheers chaps I think their is an awful lot of variety and choice so to start with I am going to go with a full set of pbs and some oem grooved or smooth brembo discs . If I feel they don't give me enough bite when cold I will have a look at the CL's

Semi metallic pads like Ferrodo's and PBS do require a little heat to get some bite.
Sintered pads like CL and Carbotech generally perform the same cold and warm, obviously better with some heat.
Oh and if you run a disc with a semi metallic pad and want to change pads to sintered type. You ideally need to either skim the discs or buy new ones as the pad deposits from the semi metallic pads will affect the performance of the sintered pad.

Last edited by a moderator:
Does anyone know if i can use st45 pads inst3ad of st40 foe stoptech 328mm bbk

Back