• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Pads for the ep3

After recently having an MOT and being advised on my rear pads and being told that theres about two months left on my front pads too, im looking into getting new pads all round (without breaking the bank).

Phoned Honda, and they say that it will cost: -

£53.59 inc vat for front pads

and

£45.46 inc vat for rear pads

Now I think thats a bit expensive, but then again I have no idea about these things really.

Ive found other ones on fleabay for almost half that, but they are not genuine Honda ones, and after reading through the topics on here, they seem like rubbish so I'll be giving them a miss.

Any ideas what Brembo pads are like though? They seem pretty cheap on ebay compared to the Genuine Honda pads?

Or has anyone any suggestions where I can get some that are as good as the genuine Honda ones, without paying that much?

Trying to save my pennies like usual.

Thanks

Just bought a set of rears for my EP3 from Hendy Honda and paid a similar price. Not unreasonable, in my opinion.

I have DS2500 on the front and they're pretty amazing, bar a bit of squeak. These are about twice the price of OEM though.

I used EBC pads on my previous car (MX5) and thought they were quite good and priced very similar to OEM. Not tried them on a Honda though, I must admit.

Thanks mate. Looks like I might stick to the original Honda ones then. Which EBC brakes did you use, Red, Yellow or Green Stuff? Ive heard of EBC ulitmax, any ideas if theyre any good?

I had Red Stuff on the Mazda and they were quite good, but it's a very different car to the Civic (weight, RWD, power etc.) so I really couldn't say if they're any good on a Civic.

I haven't tried or heard of the EBC ulitmax though, sorry :p

Back