• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Pagid discs with ferodo pads - good choice?

I know they say OEM discs and ferodo pads works well, but I like the pagoda as thy have the anti rust coating. Question is will the ferodo pads be too aggressive for them and eat them?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If there the EuroCarParts pagid discs then I would not bother as they tend to warp a little under hard driving when they heat up.
Stick with OEM or Bremtec are very good also. Used Bremtec for daily driving and on circuit use and cannot fault them.

Well I already bought the Pagid rears you see so was hoping to get the matching fronts. The OEM ones don't have the rustproof coating so look **** after a week or after washing it! So the ferodo pads will basically be too aggressive for the pagid discs then?

Sounds like any pads will be too aggressive for the Pagid discs from what nosman said!

Hmmmm. The pagids are reasonably priced though. I do tend to drive quite hard though (can't help it in the ctr!) so thinking may be best to get something else? Only went for pagid rears for now but it will **** with my OCD having non matching fronts and rears!

Well they will be ok for a SHORT 'spirited' drive and general day to day but I would not use them on track. Up to you. The DS2500pads are a little agressive for those type of budget discs.
You may also find that the DS2500's wear a bit more in winter as they don't like the cold that much.

Last edited by a moderator:
Matching discs really shouldn't be a concern with the amount of work the rear brakes do. Everyone advises budget brakes on the rear as they don't do enough to warrant throwing money at them. I'd stick to oem discs and high temp paint on all the non braking surfaces if you're worried about it? Another option... Or risk the pagids for what they cost and then if/when they warp spend out on better discs and re use the pads?

Pagid make OEM Porsche and Audi brakes including calipers. When you buy calipers from Euros they usually still have the VAG markings still on them. They aren't some cheap crap like the Eichers they sell.

There's nothing wrong with using them along side performance pads. I don't know about the EP3 but coming from the Audi world previous to owning my second EP3 plenty of people used them on heavy S3`s and Leon Cupra R's with Brembo's whilst using the favoured DS2500 with no issues on road or track. I have Pagid discs and pads on the rear of the EP3 at the minute which I fitted about 3 weeks ago.

Discs actually don't warp that often from heavy use like people make out unless they're using really cheap stuff. Rears for instance tend to warp because people go out and hammer the brakes then park up with the handbrake on. This is why after track use you're supposed to park up and leave it in gear.

DS2500s are prone to eat through most discs tbh so its not just a case of avoiding Pagids...Mintex M1144/M1155 are just as good, a bit cheaper and are kinder on discs. A friend of mine went from using DS3000s to M1177s in his 380bhp A3 track car with Brembo's and they were savage even compared to the 3000s which were pretty strong in the first place.

Has anyone tried the dixcel discs at all? They have an anti corrosion finish too and I assume are good due to their high cost??

Has anybody tried dixcel discs? I assume they're good as they are expensive and also have that anti corrosion finish.

I've just gone to Mtec discs and Carbone Lorraine RC5+ pads mate and love the setup.

The discs are grooved and I had the option to have them coated which stops the rust coming through on the surfaces the pad doesn't touch. I heard nothing but good things about them and they were a good price. I'm doing a trackday on the 22nd so will see how well they hold up but have no doubts about the pads.

Think they were £80 or thereabouts, I looked at dixcel but couldn't warrant spending £300+ on a set of discs for the odd track day and if I was going to spend that amount I would put a few more quid towards it and get a hi spec big brake kit.

Ok thanks pal. Any photos of your set up? Are the coated bits silver or black? £80 is cheap!! Where'd you get them too? Thanks

Some pics below mate, excuse some of the poor quality, camera has decided to have a hissy fit. The whole disc ends up being coated in either Silver, Black or Gold (your choice), but obviously the parts of the disc where the pads make contact wears away the coating and your just left with the coating remaining on the other parts to stop it going rusty.

And this is what they turn out to look like, (Mtec recommend bedding in discs for 200 miles to allow coating to wear off, however the pads from Carbone Lorraine said they didn't require any specific bedding in so I just pulled a dozen light-medium decelerations.

Note the dirt on the wheels isn't from brake dust it was because I hadn't washed the car yet. They've been on over a week now and produced very little dust, in fact I think I would go to say they are better than the Ferodo DS performance pads that were on there before.

Regarding where I got them, direct from Mtec mate, took 2 days to arrive so couldn't fault them :)

Your gonig to love those pads. They are by far the best I've used. Enjoy your trackday. Where you going for it ?

Thanks mate that's much appreciated. So you got those carbon pads from mtech too? They're like £190 aren't they!

Cheers. Are they good bite from cold too? Ok for road use?

There ok for road use but what I do is just stick them in for trackdays and run around on cheaper pads as race pads generally wear a little quicker when there cold and not up to temp . ( that's what I've found in my personal expericence anyhow ).

Your gonig to love those pads. They are by far the best I've used. Enjoy your trackday. Where you going for it ?

Thanks mate I love them! By far the best pads I've used as well, far better than EBC and so much more consistent and much sharper than Ferodo's.

I'm off to Bedford Autodrome on the 22nd of this month, really looking forward to it

Thanks mate that's much appreciated. So you got those carbon pads from mtech too? They're like £190 aren't they!

No buddy I got the pads in a seperate order from Godspeed, they are pretty much £145 everywhere for the pads some places are more expensive though.

I don't find them at all bad from cold, I mean yes they do lack a bit of feel when they haven't got any heat in them, however they are a very progressive pad but they are by no means unuseable as an everyday pad. I've been using mine now for 2 weeks now and even in this cold weather of late have had no problems although I'm not a heavy braker and do around 450 miles a week motorway.

Have used Pagid discs on rear of my dc5 with endless pads and no problems. Had it on track with same setup.

Back