• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Pain bleeding brakes!!.

Hi all.
All I did was refurbed the front calipers. Clamped the brake hoses off just before the union/bolt that goes into calliper. Thought I'd not have to bleed much, but real pain in the ar** to get bled properly.
I'm thinking this is a common ish problem on these. Have read a bit and all sorts of posts. We do have a decent ish pedal, but not as good as my other type r.

Have you replaced anything else, e.g discs/pads? as these will feel a little different until bedded in.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Have you replaced anything else, e.g discs/pads? as these will feel a little different until bedded in.

Cheers for the reply. Both front calipers overhauled. New pistons seals and dust cover boots. Yes new pads and discs are original genuine Honda, almost new.
Have done plenty of brakes down the years, all makes all models, never had this much grief bleeding.
It's not like I've drained/flushed the whole system, just taken off and refitted the front calipers.

Hi there, I changed my front calipers last year and used the same method as you. I took me ages / a lot of pumps to get them bled. Like you I clamped them off also. Must be common?

Sometimes when you bleed brakes the rod inside the master cylinder goes past where it normall would and CAN damage the seal slightly. This however is pretty usual. We use a pressure bleeder at work as this is the least intrusive way. New fluid should feel firmer at the peddle as it's hygroscopic and takes on moisture. Which in turn can be compressed. If your sure all the air is out it might be a new master cylinder.

Sometimes when you bleed brakes the rod inside the master cylinder goes past where it normall would and CAN damage the seal slightly. This however is pretty usual. We use a pressure bleeder at work as this is the least intrusive way. New fluid should feel firmer at the peddle as it's hygroscopic and takes on moisture. Which in turn can be compressed. If your sure all the air is out it might be a new master cylinder.

Hi. I have heard of and know about this. Not sure though if this may have been blown out of proportion a little though.
Been doing a lot of research and a master technician for Honda in the states who I have been reading up on reckons that that is highly unlikely. He after many many years of experience in this field says it would be very rare indeed and there shouldn't be a problem in this area, even after the pedal all the way to the floor when bleeding thing.
I'm sure somebody out there will have had this happen to them and changed the master.
I'm pretty sure all the air is out of ours, as have a pretty firm pedal now. Not taken the car out on a test drive yet so may all change, you never know.
I know the pedal will drop a little when car running and servo assisting.
Will try and keep you all updated in the near future.
Hoping it's nothing more serious as want to get the car all finished up and out and about on the road!!.
Pedals best it's been to date.

Yes it is very unlikely. Only had to change 1 or 2 masters because of this in best part of 20 years lol. But it sounds like you've bled it. See how she goes. New fluid will make it feel better.

Back