• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Paint advice

I am wanting to paint my calipers and also re-do the rocker cover as its started to peel. I don't have the time to get them powder coated because I use the car daily for work so will do it myself, BUT should I use spray or brush on paint?
I know it has to be High Temp paint.
I am thinking the brush on stuff may be easier for the cover as I could probably do it with it still on and saves having to worry about spray getting where it shouldn't but I don't know what the finished look will be like.
So if anyone has tried either or both and can give their input it would be appreciated.
Also if anyone could advise on any good paint I can get hold of!

Oh and is it safe to paint the inlet manifold? As mine is starting to patch up with corrosion spots.

Thanks!
:)

Normal aerosols are fine for rocker covers and inlet manifolds. You can get great results. On the inlet, just take care not to spray any bare metal surface that is used for an electrical earthing point (or if you do, clean it up afterwards)

I find Hammerite brush-on smooth is best for calipers, as it dries smooth. Get a wire brush drill attachment to clean them up first!

Would you spray the inlet and rocker whilst still on the car? I am a little worried of stray paint going places it shouldn't if I catch a breeze.

Also the hammerite is not High Temp is it?

Last edited by a moderator:
No don't spray them on the car, remove them, clean them up, mask the parts that need masking then paint

Back