• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Paint Protection

what neily said :eek:

If you really want it, either get it done in the deal ie dont pay for it, or apparently, these kits are only <£50 on ebay and you could DIY.

Well i have got a kit, but i got it for the last car and couldnt be arsed, chances were that no matter what people said i wouldnt bother :p lol

Its just as the other have said. £300+ for paint protection which IMO is missold as a wonder product which will last years is a joke.

The actual products are quite good and do offer enhanced protection if applied correctly to clean paint (not talking a wash clean). A clay and full IPA wipedown to remove anything (bonded contaminated and oils) from the paint. Only on this clean surface can the sealants be applied to maximum effect.

The sealants then need to be maintained with their respective shampoo products and topups.

IMO the maximum life of a incorrectly applied sealant would be 1-6 months. Correctly applied and not maintained with topup products you'd see about 18months. Only if its correctly applied and maintained with topup products will it see the 3yrs although i do think thats pushing it.

Bird poo will still eat into the paint if not washed off immediately.

In comparision (not meant as advertising) i offer clients a Protection detail which will last 8-12 months priced depending on size of the car.

Yes over the 3yrs it may work out to be the same money but you will know 100% that the paintwork is protected.

Hope that helps

Andy

Back