• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FN2 PAINT!!!

Hi everyone,

Is it just my FN2 with rlly thin shi**y paint?!?!?!?!
I've just got so many stone chips on bumper and bonnet and its rlly beginning to annoy me!!! :mad:

...and do you reckon ders any chance of gettin honda to respray front bumper and bonnet due to the poor paint quality?? like maybe under 'warranty' lol :twisted:

If it bothers you that much then its well worth the outlay on some Ventureshield on all the stonechip prone areas!! ;)

http://www.ventureshield.com/

I've had it on my S2k for the last two years since new and the front is totally untouched.

It costs about £400 to have it done but its a worthwhile investment over respraying all the time. Oh yeah it is used on all F1 cars now as it saves on timeconsuming resprays between races.

This is how it looks on the car (vertually unnoticable)

IMG_2380.jpg

IMG_2381.jpg

IMG_2382.jpg

IMG_3752.jpg

I'm noticing lots of small chips on the bonnet but all cars seem to suffer from this these days.

What has really disappointed me is the paint on the front skirt. I have a few really bad chips which have scuffed and peeled the paint to leave a mark around a inch long.:evil:

Mine too and in NHB it really f***s me off.

Wonder if enough people got together to complain they'd take any notice?

I mean I'm getting paranoid!

The other night I'm coming home on a dual carriageway and spot a gritter about a mile ahead I ended up slowing down to about 30 to avoid ending up behind it - got to a turn off and had to boot it, going up and over on a roundabout (loving the vtec zone), to get ahead of it on the other side!

It wasn't even icy fer fooks sakes.:evil:

Yeh that was wat i was thinkin.. maybe if we all complain we mite convince Honda to respray bonnet and bumper "under Warranty"

lol I did the same thing.. saw gritter and just didn't dare go any where near it... or pick up any speed in case grit gets picked up and damage more paint!!! :evil:

Got my Type R in Nighthawk Black about 4-5 months ago and the front of its peppered in chip marks... its not feckin on!!! :mad:

Spoke to a guy from Venture Shield a few days ago. The kit for the FN2 comprises of full coverage for your front bumper, bonnet, wings and wing mirrors. All this is £349. Problem for me is nobody in N.Ireland does it but the guy is willing to fly over for the day if I pay for the flight.

Seems to be the way forward, im very tempted.

Does it seem expensive?

Spoke to a guy from Venture Shield a few days ago. The kit for the FN2 comprises of full coverage for your front bumper, bonnet, wings and wing mirrors. All this is £349. Problem for me is nobody in N.Ireland does it but the guy is willing to fly over for the day if I pay for the flight.

Seems to be the way forward, im very tempted.

Does it seem expensive?

Thats a good price, mine cost £450 and i got the tape free through work. I suppose the cost may of come down a bit since then. I had all the parts you listed covered plus the forward parts of the rear quarters, the area on the rear bumper just under the boot lid and the rear edges of the front wheel arch.

yeah same as. black paint FN2, bonnet is full of chips after 18k miles.
also, the mistake of mid-winter car washing... :(

Hey I thought it was just me - but i did stupidly drive past the gritter and got around 10 down to the metal chips on my bonnet not marked other than that though. getting mine resprayed monday.

bit drastic but i will be more careful from now on. very noticeable on my red ctr

Hey I thought it was just me - but i did stupidly drive past the gritter and got around 10 down to the metal chips on my bonnet not marked other than that though. getting mine resprayed monday.

bit drastic but i will be more careful from now on. very noticeable on my red ctr

Yeh its so annoying!! mines red too so i know how you feel :(
i also went and had a quote today, they quoted me £450 for the bonnet and two wings. apparently they have to blend the colours into the wing so the wings must be done anyways :confused: , to be fair there are quite a few chips there too.... so not too worried.

how much did you get quoted for?, if u don't mind telling..
cheers

Back